PDA

View Full Version : pmid 10-26

okie
10-26-2018, 04:05 PM
hit the mid today, on the water about 8 with hooks, he was on the water about 5. this was the worst week
at pmid in the 15 or so years I've been going out. 5 keepers for 3 days fishing, about 7 landed all together.
where have all the fish gone? they must all be on the east side of the lake.
not planning on going out next week.
be safe

Captain Compassion
10-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Too warm. The fish are deep. Cool down should start next week. Probably wont be out there myself until after Thanksgiving. Hang in there Bill.

CC

hooks
10-26-2018, 04:42 PM
hit the mid today, on the water about 8 with hooks, he was on the water about 5. this was the worst week
at pmid in the 15 or so years I've been going out. 5 keepers for 3 days fishing, about 7 landed all together.
where have all the fish gone? they must all be on the east side of the lake.
not planning on going out next week.
be safe

LOL.....Pretty hard to be on the water at 5 when I left my house a 6. I started about 7:15.

Well, one things for sure, we know where they aren't !

MKE
10-26-2018, 04:49 PM
Bummer to hear that. I'll still give it a try tomorrow because it better then splitting firewood or working.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

okie
10-26-2018, 04:50 PM
LOL.....Pretty hard to be on the water at 5 when I left my house a 6. I started about 7:15.

Well, one things for sure, we know where they aren't !

my mistake, I thought you always got there at 5.
the ones we heard about were at 90-100 ft.
be safe

LineStretcher
10-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Like CC said, weather is about to turn again and I think our lil indian summer is going bye bye. We need some freezing overnight temps to get the water temps down and then the fishing should improve. I'm with CC. I think around Thanksgiving things will start to improve. I'm waiting till then.

Jetspray
10-26-2018, 06:51 PM
Bummer to hear that. I'll still give it a try tomorrow because it better then splitting firewood or working.

I have a bunch of jigs, but my shoulders won't let me do much of that. If you have a descender type rig along it might be worth while to give it a chance, I'm just sayin'....Jetspray

Jetspray
10-26-2018, 06:53 PM
be safeBill don't be discouraged, you guys live too close to give up. Don and Ivan will be there for more chances I am sure of it.....Jetspray

okie
10-27-2018, 06:23 AM
Bill don't be discouraged, you guys live too close to give up. Don and Ivan will be there for more chances I am sure of it.....Jetspray

I don't really get discouraged, a day on the water with either
of them is so much fun, even if we don't catch anything.
be safe

Jetspray
10-27-2018, 06:32 AM
I don't really get discouraged, a day on the water with either
of them is so much fun, even if we don't catch anything.
be safeIt sure is nice to be a hop, skip, and a jump from your favorite lake to fish. Hope you have a knock out season between you guys there......Jetspray

Slvrsides
10-27-2018, 07:33 AM
be safe

We were up there last weekend..spent half the day on Saturday fishing shallow(down 35-40' in 65' of water)and were having no luck..decided to switch it up around noon and head out to deeper water..we found fish in water that was no less than 100' and no more than 140' and were 75'-100' down...not sure why so deep water is in the fifties?..but that's where we had our success..think we landed 33 between Saturday and Sunday..time for some electric downriggers my arm was sore

okie
10-27-2018, 08:17 AM
We were up there last weekend..spent half the day on Saturday fishing shallow(down 35-40' in 65' of water)and were having no luck..decided to switch it up around noon and head out to deeper water..we found fish in water that was no less than 100' and no more than 140' and were 75'-100' down...not sure why so deep water is in the fifties?..but that's where we had our success..think we landed 33 between Saturday and Sunday..time for some electric downriggers my arm was sore

we don't fish that deep, its too hard on the fish bringing them up from that depth. we've had to help
fish get back down when catching them toplining, sometimes we use a 1 or 2 oz trolling weight. that's
why I carry a descender in my bag.
be safe

Slvrsides
10-29-2018, 07:20 AM
we don't fish that deep, its too hard on the fish bringing them up from that depth. we've had to help
fish get back down when catching them toplining, sometimes we use a 1 or 2 oz trolling weight. that's
why I carry a descender in my bag.
be safe
Yea we knoticed that..bet we spent a quarter of the day reviving fish and figuring out how to get em back down..I'd say half of them went down no problem but we had to get creative with a downrigger release to get the rest down and not floating..we'd get them revived to where they'd take off but then come back up 20' behind the boat..so flip a U (and beat the pelicans and seagulls to them) and hook em up to the release contraption and get em down 30'-40'...seemed to work but yea extra effort was definitely necessary

Jetspray
10-29-2018, 09:23 AM
When you just look at the decender online you will see that it is kind of made to be added on your line...... Jetspray

http://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.com/shelton-sfd-fish-descender/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk8f4y9Ss3gIVi4jICh3zdABrEAQYAyA BEgJhE_D_BwE