PDA

View Full Version : Lake Amador

EddieTee
11-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Went to Lake Amador yesterday (Wed.) for total fish count of nada. They have planted a total of 1300 pounds between this week and last. Talk to other troller's with the same results as mine. Tried from 10' down to 50' with 4 grabs with none to the boat. Used speedy shiners and rapalas, maybe next time out I'll go to grubs. They said they planted 2lb. to 4lb. Bank fisherman were doing well with limits and 1 told me that he had limited out in about 8ft. of water.
Good Luck to All
Eddie T.

bigfin
11-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Went to Lake Amador yesterday (Wed.) for total fish count of nada. They have planted a total of 1300 pounds between this week and last. Talk to other troller's with the same results as mine. Tried from 10' down to 50' with 4 grabs with none to the boat. Used speedy shiners and rapalas, maybe next time out I'll go to grubs. They said they planted 2lb. to 4lb. Bank fisherman were doing well with limits and 1 told me that he had limited out in about 8ft. of water.
Good Luck to All
Eddie T.

Eddie Do You Have a Red Kingfisher ?? Tightlines BF

bigfin
11-01-2018, 04:00 PM
Eddie I think I talked to you at the cleaning station these are the fish notice the nice Full Tails , Finally and they use every bit of em !!!

EddieTee
11-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Eddie Do You Have a Red Kingfisher ?? Tightlines BF
Yes I do Bigfin, nice to place a face with your handle :wink:

bigfin
11-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Yes I do Bigfin, nice to place a face with your handle :wink:

Yep Nice to meet you . I was gonna ask you if you tried grubs thats funny I use a 1/8th chartreuse jig head with a 2' white power grub from shore its like a poor mans trolling grub :) its quite effective sometimes , the chartreuse head mimics a power egg , got one on the first cast this year but nothing after . Just outta curiosity what was the temp on the lake ? Once again Nice to meet you its gonna be a great year out there no doubt hope to see you again . Tightlines BF

EddieTee
11-02-2018, 04:51 AM
Yep Nice to meet you . I was gonna ask you if you tried grubs thats funny I use a 1/8th chartreuse jig head with a 2' white power grub from shore its like a poor mans trolling grub :) its quite effective sometimes , the chartreuse head mimics a power egg , got one on the first cast this year but nothing after . Just outta curiosity what was the temp on the lake ? Once again Nice to meet you its gonna be a great year out there no doubt hope to see you again . Tightlines BF 63% on the surface at about 10am

Jfitalia
11-04-2018, 08:33 AM
The lake hasn't planted much in regards to quantity. We arent even looking at 600 total fish. I'd expect most boaters to struggle until the planting amount raises. For now it'll be those hanging around the launch area

Old_School
11-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Anyone know if they’re planting on site hatchery fish yet or fish still coming from off site?

bigfin
11-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Anyone know if they’re planting on site hatchery fish yet or fish still coming from off site?

On Site Donaldsons & Cuts :excited:

Houlifish
11-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Fished Amador Lake 11/14. Fished 4 hours hooked 8 Trout kept 4. Trolling BrokenBack Rapslas & Criplure average Trout 17+ inches

bigfin
11-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Fished Amador Lake 11/14. Fished 4 hours hooked 8 Trout kept 4. Trolling BrokenBack Rapslas & Criplure average Trout 17+ inchesFull Tails ??? Looks like Lassen dumped yesterday . I'm kinda torn on that would prefer just their fish but then again if we don't get any rain and it does not fill we'll be back to their hatchery closing again that would be a bummer . Get em while you can , Tightlines BF

EddieTee
11-15-2018, 04:52 AM
Fished Amador Lake 11/14. Fished 4 hours hooked 8 Trout kept 4. Trolling BrokenBack Rapslas & Criplure average Trout 17+ inches Thanks for the report, tired of having poor fishing days maybe this is the ticket :)

Jfitalia
11-15-2018, 07:16 AM
Full Tails ??? Looks like Lassen dumped yesterday . I'm kinda torn on that would prefer just their fish but then again if we don't get any rain and it does not fill we'll be back to their hatchery closing again that would be a bummer . Get em while you can , Tightlines BF

Lassen is not stocking the lake any longer according to them

bigfin
11-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Lassen is not stocking the lake any longer according to themWell that's not what their FB says theres a video too . 4k dumped . Tightlines BF

PapaGreg
11-15-2018, 03:22 PM
According to Lee, Lassen will supplement Amador's hatchery plants

Jfitalia
11-15-2018, 10:43 PM
Well that's not what their FB says theres a video too . 4k dumped . Tightlines BF

Really? Where does it say that? When called they said they came from their hatchery and they will not be using lassen due to their cost.

Jfitalia
11-15-2018, 10:48 PM
According to Lee, Lassen will supplement Amador's hatchery plants

Yeah see Lee is telling others different

bigfin
11-16-2018, 08:58 AM
Really? Where does it say that? When called they said they came from their hatchery and they will not be using lassen due to their cost.Well I can tell you the people that work there are clueless then cause thats the Lassen Truck !!! Unless they are using an old video and just putting a different date on it . Its possible but I don't think they are doing that to get business . Amador has a much smaller truck and they don't have the fancy tube that collapses . I heard there are a lot of boats going right now hopefully that means they are limiting cause the shore is slow .

PapaGreg
11-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Pretty sure that tube belongs to Lee? I know last year he had to fix a hole in it.

CAL.NDN
11-16-2018, 02:12 PM
Well they key words for me are rainbow & lightning trout. Unless there raising both them then it's easy to decipher. So far all there plants have said cut bows or Donaldson other than the trophy rainbows they planted so who knows mabey the are rainbow pens also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigfin
11-16-2018, 02:46 PM
Well they key words for me are rainbow & lightning trout. Unless there raising both them then it's easy to decipher. So far all there plants have said cut bows or Donaldson other than the trophy rainbows they planted so who knows mabey the are rainbow pens also.

Ha time to break out the Yak Chris 🎣

CAL.NDN
11-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Ha time to break out the Yak Chris [emoji476]Liked!!!!

CAL.NDN
11-16-2018, 02:50 PM
Yes I see now they planted away from dock it's probably my time because they probably spread out finally. I heard it was packed 2 boats , 3 kayaks and grip of bankers all fishing inside the launch cove a few days. I like to get my paddle on and watch my rod bend.

Jfitalia
11-16-2018, 03:11 PM

They put lightening trout in their own pens months ago.

dilbeck
11-16-2018, 03:11 PM
I'll be there Tuesday, November 20th in my orange Hobie Adventure! If anybody is there and sees me, yell. It's Michael.

Jfitalia
11-16-2018, 03:15 PM

You have to remember they bought lassen fish last year in bulk and have kept them in their pens all year, they have a video of then dumping lightening trout into their ponds months ago

CAL.NDN
11-16-2018, 03:21 PM
Yep I do recall. So then in reality they are lassen trout. So all good there is 4 different types for me to target sound good to me.

bigfin
11-16-2018, 03:24 PM
I'll be there Tuesday, November 20th in my orange Hobie Adventure! If anybody is there and sees me, yell. It's Michael.Liked , get ready for some pole bending reel burning fun Mike . Gotta Screamer there last time Pole was bent 2 feet from the tip to the water.Tightlines BF

bigfin
11-16-2018, 03:28 PM
Yep I do recall. So then in reality they are lassen trout. So all good there is 4 different types for me to target sound good to me. Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkYep 4's way better than one for sure .

PapaGreg
11-16-2018, 04:41 PM
J-fit, I seriously doubt Lee put lightning trout from his hatchery into a Mt. Lassen truck!!!!1 Come on man, accept the fact Mt. Lassen planted Amador. BTW, Bigfin is right, communication between employees is suspect, I was told you could fish the launch cove as long as it wasn't a plant day, but there's a sign in the window stating NO fishing in the launch cove if you can see the dock. Strange, like CalNdn stated, I've seen tubes, kayaks and boats in sight of the dock fishing?

Jfitalia
11-16-2018, 10:45 PM
J-fit, I seriously doubt Lee put lightning trout from his hatchery into a Mt. Lassen truck!!!!1 Come on man, accept the fact Mt. Lassen planted Amador. BTW, Bigfin is right, communication between employees is suspect, I was told you could fish the launch cove as long as it wasn't a plant day, but there's a sign in the window stating NO fishing in the launch cove if you can see the dock. Strange, like CalNdn stated, I've seen tubes, kayaks and boats in sight of the dock fishing?

They posted online stating no fishing in the area. However that rule has been in place for years, they just dont have people to enforce it. Lee said they were not going to pay the $4.09 a pound Lassen was asking for. That was as of last week. They will be looking to make some major changes going forward

PapaGreg
11-17-2018, 07:25 AM
I can understand that, things change and $4.09 a pound is a lot. I wonder if Lee has enough fish in the hatchery to sustain a weekly plant into May?

Jfitalia
11-17-2018, 09:17 AM
I can understand that, things change and $4.09 a pound is a lot. I wonder if Lee has enough fish in the hatchery to sustain a weekly plant into May?

From what I heard they do, as they have many fish in different stages. They are hoping to get the stocking levels up to what it was in the early 2000s. They need a few seasons to do that though. I may head up Monday for Tuesday

CAL.NDN
11-17-2018, 05:08 PM
The rule looked to be enforced today. I think people did ok all the way around the lake me cousin got limits on the yaks in 5 hrs I lost more than I landed just one them days. . There was no secret choice of bait from what heard or used or seen.

PapaGreg
11-18-2018, 07:52 AM
CAL.NDN, glad you had a good day, any lighning?

CAL.NDN
11-18-2018, 09:48 AM
I seen a few of them big gold fish swimming around by my kayak and might had one on with the 7 I lost lol. But know didnt land one them this trip.

dilbeck
11-18-2018, 10:00 AM
I seen a few of them big gold fish swimming around by my kayak and might had one on with the 7 I lost lol. But know didnt land one them this trip.

So it sounds like the fish are shallow? I prefer to stay in the top 5 feet so that's good news.

Any particular part of the lake that did better than others?

Hope to see some guys out there Tuesday. I'll also have my VHF.

CAL.NDN
11-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Yep shallow. I fish back away from all the bank anglers.