PDA

View Full Version : Time to scratch the itch again

Curmudgeon
11-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Been too long since I have been out on the water. Might try to get into Pardee one last time before it closes for the year or may make my first trip to Collins in several years. Oh such tough choices.

:fishing1:

bigfin
11-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Gotta get rid of that ITCH for sure . If those 2 lakes are your choices I would choose Collins first but they are both great lakes . If I lived closer to Collins I would be there a lot in fact I don't eat Bass but the ones in there are so clean they almost look fake and I can say if I ever ate Bass it would be from there !!!! Catching Bass and trout while trout fishing is a Bonus . Tightlines BF

Waterdog
11-01-2018, 09:22 PM
They started the trout plants at Camanche a week or two ago. Some big fat trout and bass there.

Curmudgeon
11-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Made the last minute call for Collins today. Even on my way to pick up my brother for his first fishing trip in several years I was still undecided where to go, but knew where ever it was that that we decided on it was going to beat working today.

We did not crush it in terms of quantity, but you can't knock the quality. Top fish was 23" and over 5 lbs.

bigfin
11-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Nice ,Nice ,Nice your right about work for sure the fish are a bonus !!!! Thanks for the report . Tightlines BF

Jfitalia
11-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Made the last minute call for Collins today. Even on my way to pick up my brother for his first fishing trip in several years I was still undecided where to go, but knew where ever it was that that we decided on it was going to beat working today.

We did not crush it in terms of quantity, but you can't knock the quality. Top fish was 23" and over 5 lbs.

I was there friday as well, in a harbor craft. What boat were you in? I put 12 in the boat from 8am until 1pm

Curmudgeon
11-04-2018, 06:52 PM
I was in a silver and black Gregor. It was a little more crowded than I expected. I think some folks were prepping for the weekend tournament.

Jfitalia
11-04-2018, 07:52 PM
I was in a silver and black Gregor. It was a little more crowded than I expected. I think some folks were prepping for the weekend tournament.

Yeah that was most crowded I'd ever seen the lake. I fished the main lake and tried to move away from the masses. Early on most boats were at the dam. I stayed in the middle and just slayed the fish. All in the top 10 feet at 2.5 to 2.8 MPH