PDA

View Full Version : Thieves Caught

Seon
11-13-2018, 02:25 PM
DISCLAIMER: I was asked to post this for Whaler Joe.

Whaler Joe, a fellow crabber of Bodega caught these thieves raiding his pot off Russian River last Tuesday, November 6th. He was able to take this picture when he confronted them and they became belligerent and cussing at him. He reported the incident to authorities.

Another fellow crabber saw this same boat at Bodega Gas Station last weekend so they're probably still at it.

Boat is a Pursuit and named "Reel Easy".

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2199/2749607/24607162/414056480.jpg

Eagle20
11-13-2018, 03:12 PM
Yep reel easy when your stealing someone else’s hard work. Maybe should post picture in local bait shops so others are aware of these fine citizens.

KERPOW
11-13-2018, 06:21 PM
Last week I was approaching my pots in Bodega Bay off of carmet, and I was about a mile away and saw a boat hovering around my pots. When I got to within a half-mile, the boat took off Full Throttle. I pulled my pots and they were all empty. I had one other pot spread out a little away from the rest and that one had 8 crabs. Damn poachers.
Today I pulled 26 crab in 4 pots.

Best wishes for fishes.
KERPOW!

Just 1 More
11-13-2018, 06:22 PM
Were they at halfmoon bay too. There was a lot of piracy there also. All kinds of people were complaining about being robbed. A friend of mine was robbed 2 pots. We only caught 9 for the whole weekend. Kept moving them around and couldn't find anything. Throw away the key

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CAL.NDN
11-13-2018, 06:38 PM
Wow this crazy to read. Were are the wardens on this matter. I know they read the sniffer and hope they got a heads up on what's happening. Before these individuals end up crab bait I hope they get what's coming to them. Sad state of affairs what this world is coming too. I dont go out in the big blue but the occasionall charter , I just dont understand if your out there why you cant set your own pots why the hell would you steal other peoples shameful just pure disrespectful thief's.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KERPOW
11-13-2018, 06:41 PM
I forgot to mention. One of my crab pots had an empty beer can in it. A-holes

Best wishes for fishes.
KERPOW!

Just 1 More
11-13-2018, 06:45 PM
Oh crud. That's the worst.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

brokea--boater
11-13-2018, 08:51 PM
All this going on and not one warden gives two shetz about it. They are happy to sit at the dock in their pick ups waiting to count limits. It is wide spread, and gear is missing more then ever. Why the hell did we have to put numbers on our buoys if no one is going to get off their ass's and patrol?? Don't tell how busy they are either, I want them out there in boats and tamp this down at least a little,,,gregg

Seon
11-14-2018, 04:05 AM
As much as I hate to but, I'll be pulling and bringing my 5 new EZ pull pots home today. Fingers cross that they're still there full of crabs.

LONO100
11-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Whoever these guys are that are doing all this really need to be caught. I was out there earlier this week and when I came back to the dock some poor guy was there with his boat and told me when he returned to the dock, him and his buddy went to get his truck and somebody stole the bunks off of his trailer. This guy was sitting there for who knows how long waiting for his buddy to find a place that had bunks so that they could install them and it was getting dark at that point. And some other guys I had talk to earlier in the morning said they had dropped their pots for 2 hours, came back and they were stolen. Hopefully Karma will get them. Either that or the Wardens.

brokea--boater
11-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Whoever these guys are that are doing all this really need to be caught. I was out there earlier this week and when I came back to the dock some poor guy was there with his boat and told me when he returned to the dock, him and his buddy went to get his truck and somebody stole the bunks off of his trailer. This guy was sitting there for who knows how long waiting for his buddy to find a place that had bunks so that they could install them and it was getting dark at that point. And some other guys I had talk to earlier in the morning said they had dropped their pots for 2 hours, came back and they were stolen. Hopefully Karma will get them. Either that or the Wardens.
where was this at,,,gregg

Troutbead
11-14-2018, 10:06 AM
It would be karma if the got back to the dock and all the tires on their trailer and rig were all flat. Just sayin’.........I hate scum sucking bottom feeding thieves oxygen thieves

Eagle20
11-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Appears we have a new breed among us. One of the things I used to love about camping and fishing is the people you meet. You could leave your stuff out in camp or your boat and no one would mess with it. I still believe the majority of people are good, but in today’s caustic environment I fear this kind of behavior will become more common place. ( gets off soapbox)

Seon
11-14-2018, 06:57 PM
Today I had my 3 limits in 2 pots and 3-5 pots had another 40 that were dropped back into the drink. Buddy told me via VHF he had two pots raided in the same area as mine.
That's the reason why I didn't want to tempt faith and decided to bring mine home.
In future trips, I'll drop, rock fish and pull after 4-5 hr soak then bring the pots home.

Crab Roper
11-14-2018, 07:23 PM
I will take matters in my own hands now that we have a pic of boat when and if I see him he will pay for New tires all the way around. Truck and trailer. I am tired of losing gear and food for my family. When you steal from the mouths of my children watch the f#*k out boy's.......

KERPOW
11-14-2018, 07:26 PM
I will take matters in my own hands now that we have a pic of boat when and if I see him he will pay for New tires all the way around. Truck and trailer. I am tired of losing gear and food for my family. When you steal from the mouths of my children watch the f#*k out boy's.......Easy there... Two wrongs don't make a right. But I do empathize with you.

Best wishes for fishes.KERPOW!

Seon
11-14-2018, 07:37 PM
I will take matters in my own hands now that we have a pic of boat when and if I see him he will pay for New tires all the way around. Truck and trailer. I am tired of losing gear and food for my family. When you steal from the mouths of my children watch the f#*k out boy's.......

I couldn't agree more but don't advertise it to the world just in case somebody beats you to it and you'd be blamed...know what I mean? http://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/Smileys/popos/grin.gif

LONO100
11-14-2018, 08:31 PM
where was this at,,,gregg

this was at doran beach. as i was trailering my boat, i talked to three different guys, all of them either had their pots straight up stolen, emptied out, or had the bunks off their trailer stolen. the guy that had his pots stolen told me he had them soaking for 2 hours, came back to check on them, and they were gone.

you have to be a true low life to take the hard earned work away from another person. it is a huge investment to take the time, make the drive, burn the fuel on the road and on the water, take the chance of going into the ocean, buy bait, buy pots and all the things i forgot, just to pull your pot and find it empty. or worse, come back to your truck and finding out you have no way to get your boat home. i really hope that guy didnt have to stay the night.

whitecap
11-15-2018, 05:40 AM
Scumbags!!!! That pic should make the cover of next months fish sniffer!!!

Seon
11-15-2018, 07:11 AM
Someone must know the boat, owner and/or crew so let them know they're on notice through out our fishing community.

To quote Rameses to Mose,"So let it be written, so let it be done".

Kurac
11-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Easy there... Two wrongs don't make a right. But I do empathize with you.Best wishes for fishes.KERPOW!No but three wrongs or (lefts) do make a right, so when someone hits you once, hit them back three times, that's how stupid people learn.

ApexPredator
11-16-2018, 08:13 AM
My first trip out this year I had one of my pots stolen after less than a 3 hour soak while I was in another part of the bay. After that long day it took the wind out of my sails to continue this part of the hobby.

Fish-on
11-17-2018, 02:47 AM
No but three wrongs or (lefts) do make a right, so when someone hits you once, hit them back three times, that's how stupid people learn.

Cant say I totally agree but that right there sure is funny. Made me laugh anyways. Problem is this world is full of stupid people..!!

gdr_11
11-17-2018, 11:13 AM
The trick is to find the trailer these scum bags use to pull their boat....and then while they are out stealing pots....well, you get the idea.

gdr_11
11-17-2018, 11:15 AM
The trick is to find the trailer these scum bags use to pull their boat....and then while they are out stealing pots....well, you get the idea.

Seriously, when we had this problem a few years ago it got to the point where we would just take extra coffee and donuts with us, drop the pots, and the just drift around in eyesight of them for a couple of hours before we pulled them. Might not be the most productive way to crab but the days of crabbing and fishing at the same time are long gone as is trust and decency