PDA

View Full Version : pmid 12-12

okie
12-11-2018, 03:10 PM
planning on hitting the mid tomorrow with ivan, hope its as good as last week was.
got me some hand and toe warmers so hopefully i'll be more comfortable.
be safe

hooks
12-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Good luck you guys! Keep those warmers dry. They don't work so good when they're wet.

okie
12-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Good luck you guys! Keep those warmers dry. They don't work so good when they're wet.

got me some hand and feet warmers today, when we was out I couldn't feel my toes, that's the first time since I got these
new shoes, supposed to be good to 20 degrees I think. My
toes were the only part that got really cold. I go out of
action next week for I don't know how long yet.
be safe

LineStretcher
12-11-2018, 06:09 PM
I'm seriously thinking I might head up there tomorrow. We're supposed to have a short break in the weather. Probably just shore fish.

okie
12-12-2018, 08:11 PM
i think we landed 16, had 1 triple hookup, several dbls, 3 keepers. thanks ivan
for a wonderful day on the water, weather was nice, the bite was good, lost 6 at/near the boat.
we saw hooks on the lake, how did you do don?

be safe

Captain Compassion
12-12-2018, 08:30 PM
I'm seriously thinking I might head up there tomorrow. We're supposed to have a short break in the weather. Probably just shore fish.

Planning a shore visit next Wednesday if the lake don't freeze.:02.47-tranquillity:

CC

LineStretcher
12-12-2018, 08:57 PM
for a wonderful day on the water, weather was nice, the bite was good, lost 6 at/near the boat.

be safe
At 7 am the wind here was howling so I told my neighbor it was a no go. Around 9 am the wind stopped and didn't even rustle a leaf all day. Son of a B, I should have just gone, it's not like it's a major road trip to get there.

hooks
12-13-2018, 04:50 AM
i think we landed 16, had 1 triple hookup, several dbls, 3 keepers. thanksivan
for a wonderful day on the water,weather was nice, the bite was good, lost 6 at/near the boat.

be safe

I wasn’t planning on going because I needed to make that appointment to get our new furnace inspected by the county . The wind raging outside woke me up and I thought I picked a good day not to fish. Left our house at 10:30am with calm wind and not sure if I would be able to launch.

I had just started fishing when I passed you guys and then I headed down to the north nets and caught 3 slot fish. I marked a lot of fish there but they were tight lipped.

Came back up to pelican and caught 6 more fish, all slots except for one 25”cutt, 6.96lbs.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181213/df97c3dfa7cd6d0ef26773b2de46513d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181213/74eb265b47770917e6c307b942fa96b1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181213/eb83270461e134a6baedc48870f2e966.jpg

Bloody frog mag lip caught one. All the rest caught on spoons.

This spoon caught the 25”cutt. Barbs were removed.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181213/2a175d59d8a1545c528877bedcb2371c.jpg

I saw a couple of shore anglers catch fish at pelican.

Only one angler at the north nets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crawdaddundee
12-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Question. Have a friend that went there last week. We live across border in Ca. I asked him if he bought a license for Nevada for that day and he said didn't need one because was on indian reservation and the pass you purchased there covered that. I find that to be a bit incredulous in todays world. Any truth to that or does someone of you know for sure. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

LineStretcher
12-13-2018, 08:57 AM
Question. Have a friend that went there last week. We live across border in Ca. I asked him if he bought a license for Nevada for that day and he said didn't need one because was on indian reservation and the pass you purchased there covered that. I find that to be a bit incredulous in todays world. Any truth to that or does someone of you know for sure. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Once you are on the Reservation you are in a Sovereign Nation they make the rules and Nevada fishing licenses do not apply. Your friend is correct. You can get your permits in Reno at Sportsman's Warehouse or at Crosby's lodge in Sutcliffe at the lake. You can also get them online, print them out and have them when you get to the lake without having to wait for a store to open. Here's the link.. https://plpt.nagfa.net/online/

Pyramidbruizer
12-13-2018, 10:48 AM

be safe

Sounds great. I may take my float tube out tomorrow. What depth were you guys getting em at? Iím guessing 25 feet and shallower?

fishwrong2
12-13-2018, 08:36 PM
I like the coloration on some of those spoons. Custom jobs?

Love the pics. Nice trip.

hooks
12-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Sounds great. I may take my float tube out tomorrow. What depth were you guys getting em at? Iím guessing 25 feet and shallower?

Good guess

hooks
12-13-2018, 09:54 PM
I like the coloration on some of those spoons. Custom jobs?

Love the pics. Nice trip.

Custom paint in experimental stages

iln143
12-14-2018, 07:31 AM
It was a good day. I will try to get Okie out one more time before his operation. If the weather cooperates.
Don that means you and I have to get out and fish a time or two.

LineStretcher
12-14-2018, 08:19 AM
It was a good day. I will try to get Okie out one more time before his operation. If the weather cooperates.

Gonna get blown out big time today if the predictions are correct. If the weather reports are correct, you might have to wait a while. Sure did enjoy the 2 days of beautiful weather we just had. Got the funk off for sure.

hooks
12-14-2018, 11:44 AM

OK.....guide me to the big fish like that one. Remember?

Jetspray
12-14-2018, 12:47 PM
OK.....guide me to the big fish like that one. Remember?I remember Don, they are everywhere in the lake chose a spot and fish, you know all of the spotsÖÖ.Jetspray

iln143
12-14-2018, 04:01 PM
OK.....guide me to the big fish like that one. Remember?
Don I could take you to the shallow end of a swimming pool and you would pull out a lunker!

iln143
12-14-2018, 04:03 PM
In all seriousness Hooks is the best fisherman I know And I know alot!

okie
12-14-2018, 09:52 PM
In all seriousness Hooks is the best fisherman I know And I know alot!

he's the best I have ever fished with, and that includes guides and on
party boats. it seems like he's touched by something because it doesn't
matter what lure he uses the fish like it. I have trolled with him, same lures,
same distance of line out toplining, our lures cant be more than 10 or 12 ft apart, and he catches fish and I don't even get a hit. there has been only 2 days that I recall when it was pretty close to equal and that was 2 years ago at the end of
15-16 season. on the 4-28-16 we landed 59 and on 4-30 we landed 47 I
think it was. other than that its been all HOOKS. but he's still a lot of fun
on the water. thanks don for all the good times we've (I've) had.
be safe