PDA

View Full Version : Game Warden

Crab Roper
01-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Who has been checked yet this year it is my belief that if I don't get checked three times a year the Fish and Game has not earned my money and at $65 including 2nd pole stamp earn my money please......

Grncrestliner
01-03-2019, 05:09 AM
In 2018 I was checked 3 times by game wardens while hunting. I did not get checked while fishing and I fish from a boat on reservoirs. I have had a warden check me on Oroville and Bullards Bar in prior years but not in 2018.

As far as how thorough the checks were after the first conversation with the wardens they didn't check my ID or license on the next two occasions. They just wanted general info. Questions about how many hunters and how many game animals I had seen and was I hunting with non toxic ammo. Did they remember checking me on previous days? Yes so they knew I had tags and license. They also did not check to see if my gun in my truck was loaded they just asked and I told them no it was not. Nothing in the magazine or chamber.

Personally I don't care how often they check me. When I lived in Monterey County I got checked a lot more frequently. Maybe just a smaller area to cover in Monterey County than in the Sierras.

Jetspray
01-03-2019, 05:47 AM
I have seen wardens posted at most of the launches that go to the shoreline/ocean, it seems they catch many poachers that way as well as with looking in popular areas along the shore.......Jetspray

MtnFisher
01-03-2019, 07:53 AM
Never got checked in 2018 though I know from a friend the local warden was actively patrolling the areas. I fished a couple rivers both thru private and public access and just never ran into him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seon
01-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Who has been checked yet this year......

I haven't this year...but then again, I haven't been out fishing yet http://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/Smileys/popos/grin.gif .

Last year I've been checked about 4-5 times at Bodega launch ramp during Salmon and Crab seasons while they measured and/or counted the spoils.

panther
01-03-2019, 09:46 AM
I got checked at Fuller this year. I was in my pontoon and they called out to me. They had me hold up my license, then they checked it from the nearby shore with binoculars and gave me the "thumbs up". I like to see them around. It's good to discourage poachers.

Waterdog
01-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Donít be surprised if not only are you not checked by a game warden but donít even see one this year. They are probably the most understaffed law enforcement department in the state. There are only a little over 400 of them to patrol the entire state. Probably only 1/2 to 2/3 of them are in the field at any one time. A single small city has more law enforcement officers than the entire state of California has wardens. Think about that, maybe 200 wardens patrolling the entire state, a thousand miles of ocean and coast line, the lakes and rivers, the forests and uplands, the deserts and mountains......
The low number of wardens shows how little the state and itís politicians care about fish, wildlife and natural resources.
I have the utmost respect for our California wardens. They have a tough job, work long hours, are way under paid compared to other leoís. They are often by themselves , in remote locations, in dangerous situations with no backup or no backup close by.
So if you donít see a warden this year donít blame them blame the government and the lousy politicians for under funding and under staffing them.
If you do see a warden treat them with respect and tell them how much you appreciate them.

dsa2780
01-03-2019, 11:09 AM
I was checked 5 times between September and November this last fall in 2018. American river and delta. Good stuff considering I haven't been checked since 2012.

monkey916
01-03-2019, 11:24 AM
I usually get a checked on when sturgeon fishing ( or that time of year). Just because you don't see a warden doesn't mean he hasn't been watching you. Ever since I was a kid I see things especially questionable hunting and fishing behavior that others don't seem to notice. I'm sure they have a instinct on who/what they are looking for. Dudes are understaffed so they do the best with what they got. Side note a job placement test in highschool said I would be a Warden. I wish I would of followed that path.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

okie
01-03-2019, 11:56 AM
i haven't been checked since i have been fishing here. I got here sep 2k. fished in ca and pyramid.
guess I just have an honest face.

be safe

Jetspray
01-03-2019, 12:58 PM
i haven't been checked since i have been fishing here. I got here sep 2k. fished in ca and pyramid.

be safeJust lucky Bill, I have had checks at ICR, Topaz, 88 corridor, Mitch Pond, and some other places over the years. Maybe it is just too much exposure, but I carry three different lic's Pyramid, California, and Nevada...Ö..Jetspray

hooks
01-03-2019, 12:59 PM

be safe

Something like that. Remember when the ranger at Pyramid checked my boating and fishing permits and practically ignored you. SMH

LOL

okie
01-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Something like that. Remember when the ranger at Pyramid checked my boating and fishing permits and practically ignored you. SMH

LOL

I thought about that, but didn't want to mention it. I got the impression he had checked you before
that just by his actions.
be safe

Owlman2
01-03-2019, 03:43 PM
I have been regularly fishing since 1974 and I have NEVER been checked by a Warden....not once. I did get my license checked one time while surf fishing at Point Reyes....but that was by a park service ranger, not a game warden.

To be fair though....I avoid crowds and tend to fish remote areas with few or no other fishermen. I'm sure game wardens have to play the odds and work areas that are more heavily fished. Besides, I follow the letter of the law anyway.

bigfin
01-03-2019, 06:53 PM

be safe

Yeah Okie Honest face not mind LOL . Tightlines BF

Mikfish
01-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Not only have I not been checked, I haven't seen a game warden in 20+ years in Shasta county. I've been on Shasta lake maybe 500 times.. never a boat inspection.. nothing! But that doesn't mean I've ever thought about breaking the law.. I'm the guy that could watch cars illegally park in a handicap zone, but the moment I did it.. I'd get busted!

Mike

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Crab Roper
01-05-2019, 03:38 PM
I am not talking about breaking the law but with the highest price for fishing license in the U.S I want to see what I am paying for. Get the money out of the general funds and back to the Fish and Game. 25% general funds and 75% to fish and Game......😠

Jfitalia
01-05-2019, 08:01 PM
Who has been checked yet this year it is my belief that if I don't get checked three times a year the Fish and Game has not earned my money and at $65 including 2nd pole stamp earn my money please......

Seems like a dumb way to justify if they've "earned" your money. How often are stopped by police and asked to show your driver license and registration? At what point has the local, county and State police "earned" your money?

Jfitalia
01-05-2019, 08:02 PM
I am not talking about breaking the law but with the highest price for fishing license in the U.S I want to see what I am paying for. Get the money out of the general funds and back to the Fish and Game. 25% general funds and 75% to fish and Game......😠

Your license fees dont go towards paying the salaries of DFW wardens. Those monies are used to help fund programs like fishing in the city and other areas.

Jfitalia
01-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Another thing to remember is the two state police agencies (DFW and CHP) are grossly understaffed when compared the amount of area they covered. I believe CHP has just under 8000 sworn officers and many of them do not work the road.

Crab Roper
01-05-2019, 10:47 PM
Who are you calling dumb I see law enforcement agencies earn my money every day. But when I call to report a poacher and wait and wait for some one to show, and no one does that ticks me off. And I understand the understafing, problem that is why I stated that license fees need to go back to DFG. and not the general funds

Jfitalia
01-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Who are you calling dumb I see law enforcement agencies earn my money every day. But when I call to report a poacher and wait and wait for some one to show, and no one does that ticks me off. And I understand the understafing, problem that is why I stated that license fees need to go back to DFG. and not the general funds

I didn't call you dumb, I called your thought process dumb. You're now trying to change your post and I find it funny. It doesnt matter if your license fees went to wardens or not. People dont want to be wardens for many reasons. The biggest one is their terrible pay.

Those wardens earn their pay everyday. You just dont see it and dont appreciate it.

Chrome Seeker
01-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Not only have I not been checked, I haven't seen a game warden in 20+ years in Shasta county. I've been on Shasta lake maybe 500 times.. never a boat inspection.. nothing! But that doesn't mean I've ever thought about breaking the law.. I'm the guy that could watch cars illegally park in a handicap zone, but the moment I did it.. I'd get busted!

Mike

You have some of the best wardens in the state in your area. Multiple wardens in your area have won ĎWarden of the yearí, all out of Shasta County.

One thing Iíve learned is, just because you didnít see a warden, doesnít mean they arenít there...and if you are checked by a warden, you can bet they have already watched your for quite some time.

The office in Rancho said They are also hurtin bad for applicants for Wardens, now is the time to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikfish
01-06-2019, 07:23 PM
You have some of the best wardens in the state in your area. Multiple wardens in your area have won ĎWarden of the yearí, all out of Shasta County.

One thing Iíve learned is, just because you didnít see a warden, doesnít mean they arenít there...and if you are checked by a warden, you can bet they have already watched your for quite some time.

The office in Rancho said They are also hurtin bad for applicants for Wardens, now is the time to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGood to know, but honestly I regularly see bankers pulling up stringers at the boat ramp with way more than the legal limit of trout and bass.. so they're not watching too good at this particular spot. I called and reported them a couple years ago because it angered me, but i see them still doing it. It appears to be an "honor system" on Shasta. I'll continue abide by the law myself.

Mike

Jfitalia
01-06-2019, 08:03 PM

They're going to continue to struggle for applicants until they pull their heads out of their butts. They have some of the dumbest requirements for applicants and again the pay is piss poor. I mean CHP cadets I believe make more money. I sat in for one of their written tests and the guys running it were aholes. This was when wild justice was on and it was the perfect time for them to stock pile recruits. Yet the warden running it literally insulted all the applicants who had applied after watching the show. Let's be honest, if you wanted to work for a state agency. why work for them for pennies on the dollar when you can make 100k and work for CHP? Seems like a no brainer.

Jetspray
01-07-2019, 05:04 AM
They're going to continue to struggle for applicants until they pull their heads out of their butts. They have some of the dumbest requirements for applicants and again the pay is piss poor. I mean CHP cadets I believe make more money. I sat in for one of their written tests and the guys running it were aholes. This was when wild justice was on and it was the perfect time for them to stock pile recruits. Yet the warden running it literally insulted all the applicants who had applied after watching the show. Let's be honest, if you wanted to work for a state agency. why work for them for pennies on the dollar when you can make 100k and work for CHP? Seems like a no brainer.I agree with some of the statements made so far, but like us in Nevada (who leads the nation in illegal immigrants per capita) we have a large problem which is not going away. It needs to be addressed in another way, so gird up your loins for the battle to increase. Most of the poachers are the same people who have serious arrest records. More laws only affect the general population of law abiding citizens. I have served on jury's in California, I think just a little study in civics is more important. Money is not the cure all......Jetspray

Jfitalia
01-07-2019, 08:14 AM
I agree with some of the statements made so far, but like us in Nevada (who leads the nation in illegal immigrants per capita) we have a large problem which is not going away. It needs to be addressed in another way, so gird up your loins for the battle to increase. Most of the poachers are the same people who have serious arrest records. More laws only affect the general population of law abiding citizens. I have served on jury's in California, I think just a little study in civics is more important. Money is not the cure all......Jetspray

Money is the cure all when it comes to a career. Would you rather risk your life for 50k or 100k?

Jetspray
01-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Money is the cure all when it comes to a career. Would you rather risk your life for 50k or 100k?I worked in the chemical industry for 34 years close to 100k, it was hard work and rotating shifts (which I worked from 1969 to 2006 in various positions and jobs). I fully understand the financial part, but the problem is not the money it is the people you deal with daily and I imagine you have to do a bunch of that daily too......Jetspray

Owlman2
01-07-2019, 10:38 AM
All the jobs relating to field wildlife management generally pay really poorly. I imagine this is because the appeal of doing this sort of work in the outdoors is so great that some are always willing to do it for relatively low pay.

My daughter has a degree in wildlife biology. There are many listings for field jobs for which she is qualified, but the salaries are abysmal. She could make more working for Starbucks. I suspect this also is basically why game wardens are paid less than other law enforcement officers, the thinking being that outdoor lovers will take the jobs regardless. But the thinking is flawed. I know a couple of guys who were briefly game wardens. Both of them quit after a couple of years to become police officers/sheriff deputies. As much as they enjoyed working as game wardens, they wanted to make a living and support their families.

The other issue, is that wardens very often work alone and have to deal with armed hunters. It has the potential to be a very dangerous job. I don't recall hearing about wardens being killed in the line of duty in CA, but it has definitely occurred in other states.

Jfitalia
01-07-2019, 04:24 PM
I worked in the chemical industry for 34 years close to 100k, it was hard work and rotating shifts (which I worked from 1969 to 2006 in various positions and jobs). I fully understand the financial part, but the problem is not the money it is the people you deal with daily and I imagine you have to do a bunch of that daily too......Jetspray

Very true, dealing with morons ruins most things

Jetspray
01-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Very true, dealing with morons ruins most thingsI have a T shirt in my closet that says in red "I am Moron Intolerant", maybe I should wear that once in a while......Jetspray

sarahpee
01-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Does anyone care to admit they got citation for fishing without a license? I just googled it & it says it's only $100 dollar fine, yes in California, which is hard to believe. If you show up in court with a license, even if you purchased it after the date of the citation, they will reduce it to $25 fine.

P.S. Apparently th fine can go up to a maximum of $500

Yearroundfisherman
01-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Does anyone care to admit they got citation for fishing without a license? I just googled it & it says it's only $100 dollar fine, yes in California, which is hard to believe. If you show up in court with a license, even if you purchased it after the date of the citation, they will reduce it to $25 fine.

One time while fishing at Lake Sonoma my cousin was cited for not having his license on him while fishing. He left his wallet back at camp and we were on the boat so he got a $200 fine which was waived when he showed up in court with his license.

Owlman2
01-10-2019, 03:56 PM

Really? I was sure I heard somewhere it was a $1500 fine....which now that I mention it does sound like a lot.

Crab Roper
01-10-2019, 06:51 PM
And all fines should go to the DFG coffers not the general funds, this should help with funding of more game wardens.

Jfitalia
01-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Really? I was sure I heard somewhere it was a $1500 fine....which now that I mention it does sound like a lot.

No, you're looking at fees prior to taxes and court fees

Jfitalia
01-10-2019, 07:44 PM
And all fines should go to the DFG coffers not the general funds, this should help with funding of more game wardens.

That's a terrible idea. There is a reason why agencies done do that

Troutbead
01-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Seems like a dumb way to justify if they've "earned" your money. How often are stopped by police and asked to show your driver license and registration? At what point has the local, county and State police "earned" your money?

Being stopped by police and asked to see your drivers license and registration would be illegal without PC to make the stop. So that is not a good comparison.

Jfitalia
01-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Being stopped by police and asked to see your drivers license and registration would be illegal without PC to make the stop. So that is not a good comparison.

The comparison works perfectly. You missed the point

redneckpunk
01-11-2019, 07:21 PM
I have a T shirt in my closet that says in red "I am Moron Intolerant", maybe I should wear that once in a while......Jetspray

Wife bought me one for Christmas that says ďI fish so I donít choke peopleĒ.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jetspray
01-11-2019, 09:15 PM
The comparison works perfectly. You missed the pointOver here I have been checked by the Sherriff at Mitch Pond twice. I have also been checked by tribal officers on Pyramid numerous times. In California many many times and they were usually on foot. I still carry my lic's around my neck and visible. This years out-of-state Calif. Lic is orange and pretty visible......Jetspray

Willport
01-22-2019, 01:58 PM
Don't be misled by the base fine. Fishing without a license has a base fine of $100... but the end of the day, it's $485 with all the assessments added in. (and upwards of $1000 if it's charged as a misdemeanor, rather than as an infraction. And if they are writing the citation, it will generally be written as a misdemeanor). The good news is that it's correctable for $25. On the other hand, fishing with barbed hooks in a barbless area (or two rods without a two-rod stamp) will get you the same. No license and two rods is about $2800 worth....

And don't get caught transplanting fish or possessing more than 12 abs. $61,750 fine and penalties for either.

https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/2019-JC-BAIL.pdf

PapaGreg
01-22-2019, 03:34 PM
But more than likely a "sympathetic" judge will only give them a slap on the wrist and tell them not to do it again. Most of the perps are repeat offenders for that reason.

TBSP
01-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Was checked by a Warden today while sturgeon fishing near Alameda. Very nice, friendly young man. Only 24 years old! He hung out and chatted with us for about a half hour. When asked, he said the fine for fishing without a license is $500, but if you purchased a license before your court date, the judge would likely reduce your fine.

gmdcdvm
02-02-2019, 06:46 PM
I have never been checked by a warden in all my years of fishing. I was fishing the Antioch Bridge Pier 3 years ago when Antioch PD showed up and was checking everyone's licenses. I found it strange the local PD would do this.

Gerry

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 10:22 AM
I have never been checked by a warden in all my years of fishing. I was fishing the Antioch Bridge Pier 3 years ago when Antioch PD showed up and was checking everyone's licenses. I found it strange the local PD would do this.

Gerry

They have the authority

Owlman2
02-03-2019, 03:22 PM
They have the authority

They do have the authority, any peace officer does, but it is not their normal function.

Much like how in California, CHP is generally tasked only with traffic duties, police officers handle traffic and criminal issues, and sheriff's deputies normally deal primarily with criminal offenses but do little traffic work. Yet all three have the same legal authority as peace officers. Sheriff Deputies can still write traffic tickets, and CHP Officers can still make criminal arrests, etc.

It's a question of primary mission and focus rather than authority.

onelilcrazyazn
02-03-2019, 05:52 PM
I actually get checked by sheriffs more than wardens. I like getting checked, makes me think there will be less poachers out there

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 06:13 PM
They do have the authority, any peace officer does, but it is not their normal function.

Much like how in California, CHP is generally tasked only with traffic duties, police officers handle traffic and criminal issues, and sheriff's deputies normally deal primarily with criminal offenses but do little traffic work. Yet all three have the same legal authority as peace officers. Sheriff Deputies can still write traffic tickets, and CHP Officers can still make criminal arrests, etc.

Sorry but you're pretty far off from the duties of different agencies especially when it comes to CHP. You should probably do a few ride alongs to learn what that agency covers and their actual duties.

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 06:14 PM

I'm literally laughing at your comment "CHP is generally tasked with only traffic duties." Hahaha

Seon
02-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Wife bought me one for Christmas that says ďI fish so I donít choke peopleĒ.....

Wife buys me just plain white shirts without any logo or writing so I guess that makes me "Illiterate" :hitoverhead:

redneckpunk
02-03-2019, 08:04 PM
I'm literally laughing at your comment "CHP is generally tasked with only traffic duties." Hahaha

Traffic and personal body guard duty to Gavin Newsome. LOL!

Owlman2
02-03-2019, 08:15 PM

I know they took "Traffic Officer" off their badges a few years back, because now they also are now responsible for driving the governor around and guarding him, and function as security at state buildings since they absorbed the state police (the previous state building door shakers) back in '95.

And you are right, they are also tasked with commercial vehicle enforcement and safety inspection, but I don't think it is a stretch to call that "traffic work".

Honestly, I think it is pretty disrespectful to laugh at what they do. It is a critical role. Might save your life some day. In a state like California traffic work is a challenging and difficult job. And of course the governor is safe because of the CHP. That's no joke either.

Does anyone know, can you still pay your AAA fees through the CHP, or was that liason discontinued?

Regardless whether you can or not, I have nothing but respect for the CHP.

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 08:19 PM
I know they took "Traffic Officer" off their badges a few years back, because now they also are now responsible for driving the governor around and guarding him, and function as security at state buildings since they absorbed the state police (the previous state building door shakers) back in '95.

And you are right, they are also tasked with commercial vehicle enforcement and safety inspection, but I don't think it is a stretch to call that "traffic work".

Honestly, I think it is pretty disrespectful to laugh at what they do. It is a critical role. Might save your life some day. In a state like California traffic work is a challenging and difficult role. And of course the governor is safe because of the CHP. That's no joke either.

I'm laughing at your terrible assessment of what the CHP does. They are responsible for all California maintained roadways. That includes all unincorporated cities which is surprisingly many. A vehicle gets stolen from your home in an unincorporated city, the CHP responds. The leading agency in DUI detection? Well that's the CHP. Who responds to all crimes on state property? Well that's the CHP. Are you aware of how many criminal arrests they make in a month from just one office?

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Traffic and personal body guard duty to Gavin Newsome. LOL!

Dude this guy is actually trying to educate me on what CHP does. Hahahaha I cant stop laughing

Owlman2
02-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Does the badge still look like this?

DUI detection? Traffic work, no?

Stolen vehicles, driving on the road? Traffic?

And I told you they are responsible for state property. Seems I might know a bit more about what they do than you do, Mr. Smartypants.

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Honestly, I think it is pretty disrespectful to laugh at what they do. It is a critical role. Might save your life some day. In a state like California traffic work is a challenging and difficult job. And of course the governor is safe because of the CHP. That's no joke either.

Does anyone know, can you still pay your AAA fees through the CHP, or was that liason discontinued?

Regardless whether you can or not, I have nothing but respect for the CHP.

Haha AAA fees through CHP? Oh man this gets better and better

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 08:33 PM

And I told you they are responsible for state property. Seems I might know a bit more about what they do than you do, Mr. Smartypants.

If that's the case than why would you state things that are so closed minded?

If that's your badge, it looks just like mine...

Jfitalia
02-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Badges no longer say "traffic officer" I wonder why that is? Hahaha

Things are different than when you started 30 years ago

Owlman2
02-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Badges no longer say "traffic officer" I wonder why that is? Hahaha

Things are different than when you started 30 years ago

I never worked for the CHP....pulled that off the 'net.

I'm just teasin you dude....I know what you do and I know what CHP does.

LOL....I knew you would bite when I implied CHP were mere traffic cops.....

bigfin
02-04-2019, 07:21 PM
I never worked for the CHP....pulled that off the 'net.

I'm just teasin you dude....I know what you do and I know what CHP does.

LOL....I knew you would bite when I implied CHP were mere traffic cops.....

Fish On !!!

RickR6
02-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Wow, this dude sounds like a REALLY fun guy to hang out with. We get it, youíre a cop. Matter of fact with that attitude you sound like a rookie. Hope you donít take that smugness with you out in the field.

Jfitalia
02-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Wow, this dude sounds like a REALLY fun guy to hang out with. We get it, youíre a cop. Matter of fact with that attitude you sound like a rookie. Hope you donít take that smugness with you out in the field.

What smugness? Just sharing facts. Some people like them and some dont

Owlman2
02-05-2019, 01:06 PM

Meh, I have no idea what he is like, but I was poking fun a bit at where he works. Can't blame him for being a bit defensive. He's proud of his job.

knotgillty
02-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Was checked by game wardens 2 weekends ago on the Sac river below Verona. 3 of them in a boat pulled up and tied off to us. Checked our licenses, sturgeon cards, 2 rod stamps, and made us reel in one of the poles to prove we were fishing barbless and one hook. All was good and away they went.

schplurg
02-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Was checked by game wardens 2 weekends ago on the Sac river below Verona. 3 of them in a boat pulled up and tied off to us. Checked our licenses, sturgeon cards, 2 rod stamps, and made us reel in one of the poles to prove we were fishing barbless and one hook. All was good and away they went.

I've never been checked, but only been fishing one year. Please check me, and also please check the guys littering beer bottles over there - something tells me they don't have their license.

Seriously for the price we pay I want everybody checked.

Crab Roper
03-27-2019, 07:10 PM
I got checked by a game warden for the first time in three years today.

Slvrsides
03-28-2019, 01:11 AM
Got checked Sunday fishing the Delta Mendota with my kid..he was pretty cool just asked if we had caught any or seen many people fishing..didn't even ask to see a lisc!!..was sure we were gonna get hassled we had a dog box on the truck full of hounds..usually a guarantee to be fully checked out..we get checked at our hog hunting spot semi regularly..we struck out on the strippers(we were throwing flukes and plugs)but watched a guy across from us pull in a carp I'd say was 16-18lbs

Troutbead
03-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Got checked Sunday fishing the Delta Mendota with my kid..he was pretty cool just asked if we had caught any or seen many people fishing..didn't even ask to see a lisc!!..was sure we were gonna get hassled we had a dog box on the truck full of hounds..usually a guarantee to be fully checked out..we get checked at our hog hunting spot semi regularly..we struck out on the strippers(we were throwing flukes and plugs)but watched a guy across from us pull in a carp I'd say was 16-18lbs

Sorry that you struck out. Next time trying waving a couple of $5 bills instead of flukes and plugs. Strippers respond very well to them.....