PDA

View Full Version : New Melonies any one???

Crab Roper
01-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Who's been fishing Melonies and any luck on Trout.
Thanks going to fish in the rain and wind this weekend.

BigUnInDaBoat
01-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Been super slow. One guy got a 5lb'er last week rolling shad at 130' deep. This time of year we normally bank it.

iceman382
01-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Went a few weeks ago. One bass one crappie. One trout. Had 3 boats with us. That was all we caught

88lakes
01-04-2019, 08:11 PM
we fished it twice december very caught one 21" bow big fin and lots of "green carps" aka bass.............rollin shad deep.......did find a tekota 300 lc reel at glory hole sport at a good price so that was something,,,tried everything up river no luck

stefanoflo
01-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Seems Melones is slowy becoming a Bass lake and the trout will either die off or be eaten by the bass. Its been a while since they Planted that lake and if there are any trout ,they Might be up the Stanislaus river arm if your Lucky.

BigUnInDaBoat
01-04-2019, 10:41 PM
Seems Melones is slowy becoming a Bass lake and the trout will either die off or be eaten by the bass. Its been a while since they Planted that lake and if there are any trout ,they Might be up the Stanislaus river arm if your Lucky.

Lmao, I caught a 27lb 5 fish limit last year OF trout, a few trout over 8, yea all the trout are gone. PS it's always been a bass lake, and a trout lake, and a sleeper slab fishery.

MKE
01-04-2019, 11:14 PM
So true! That's one of the Foothill Lakes I frequent for bass and them some in the winter.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

stefanoflo
01-05-2019, 09:56 AM
out side of those that troll ,,anyone catch any trout of the bank and when was the last time they planted Melones????

Slvrsides
01-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Yea it's been super slow..I've hit it 3 times in the last week(and a half dozen in the last month)..fished all around the lake from the surface down to 100' with usually 4 rods out(me and my kid)and have caught nothing but pickles..my son hooked into a giant bow last Tuesday that he fought for 10 minutes(he was out 250'+)got him just outside of net range and he come unbuttoned..we got a good look at him I'd say 6-7lbs..lure popped up in the air and landed in the boat!!..was hooked flatlining a taz..only Trout action we've had there in 40+ hours of fishing..so yea been slow..we talked to a few others trolling the same area that had caught one smaller Trout(only other Trout I've seen there since last summer) and like 50 bass..was looking thru photos of last year at this time and we were catching at least semi consistent but every year is different(last year the lake record bow was broken 3 times in a matter of a few months)

sollimes
01-07-2019, 12:21 PM
We donít troll, kaught lots of trout from shallow water kasting lures. Most of the trout were from 3-8#.

Should be good after all this rain.

Seon
01-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Glory Hole fishing report I read a couple of weeks ago stated that bank fishing for Trout was producing better than trolling. I didn't read the Bass report though.

BTW, I too will fish Melones once the rain stops.