PDA

View Full Version : What happen with the Camancher Hogs?

EddieTee
01-26-2019, 07:36 AM
Years past I remember Lake Camanche planting planting hog's in the 4 lb plus size mixed in with the 12-14 inch planters. This year seem's to be different, not seeing those big boys.I miss those hogs :)

Maxumfishin
01-26-2019, 11:14 PM
I managed a 4.5 and 2 pounder today but worked 7 hours for them. Orange and brass Speedy Shiner on both, one at 8’ and one at 17’. Trick for me was when I went from 80’ setback to 160’. Returned two dink’s.

EddieTee
01-27-2019, 07:04 AM
I managed a 4.5 and 2 pounder today but worked 7 hours for them. Orange and brass Speedy Shiner on both, one at 8’ and one at 17’. Trick for me was when I went from 80’ setback to 160’. Returned two dink’s. Was it by Big hat/ Dam Area? A four fish day is not bad at Camanche. How big was the one at 17ft.? Thanks Eddie

Maxumfishin
01-27-2019, 09:04 AM
No, the first keeper was along the south eastern most dike. I started marking a lot of fish at 17 and figured they were bass. Just for grins I dropped the DR from 8’ to 17’. By the time I got to the drivers seat he was on. The big one was at 8’ as I was going through the “cut” and slowing down to dock at the floating bathroom in that bay on the left. Boat off to my port side got one too. The two little ones were by the bouy line prior to the cut. For what it’s worth I was going slow for shiners 2.4-2.6. I think they are a bit slow now and had very little fight.

Jetspray
01-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Main thing in any lake is to try to keep within a certain depth range during the year. Closer to the planting points sometimes helps. Over here the temps are down and the fish are sluggish at times to strike, other times quick and active. It all ties into the time of the year and thermocline. Here our bottom is mostly dead materials and mosses, so the fish are hunting for snails and bottom dwelling stuff like leeches, crawdads, shrimp, etc etc. So with that in mind you have to be closer to the bottom. As far as planted trout a schedule will tell you where they are coming from.....Jetspray

Jfitalia
01-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Years past I remember Lake Camanche planting planting hog's in the 4 lb plus size mixed in with the 12-14 inch planters. This year seem's to be different, not seeing those big boys.I miss those hogs :)

I'm seeing lots of big fish this year. Landed a 6.5 lbr along with 11 other fish a few weeks ago.

Legalbeagle
01-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Hungryhooker and I were there last Saturday--lots of boats. We managed three to the boat. the largest fish was probably 2 lbs. Two came in on orange grubs at 8 and 20' and the third one bit a gold dodger/crawler. Yep, you heard that right, 20'. Nothing bit on top. Most other boats had about the same numbers. We mostly fished the narrows and the bridge. With the other usual Motherlode lakes all muddied up, Comanche is loaded up with trollers. I wonder if the fish are just lure-shy?

Then again, Kokemachine always seems to rock em anyway, so I know I'm missing something.

EddieTee
01-30-2019, 08:14 AM
Went to Lake Camanche from 9:00 to 2:00 yesterday with 1 fish to the boat "Crappie" and no other hits all day. Talked to several other fisherman with most being skunked or 1 or 2 Trout with four lines out, I guess what I'm saying it's was a little slow yesterday, but than again I seem to have a lot of slow days there:fishing1:

Tight Lines

Eddie T.