PDA

View Full Version : Collins 01/25/18

Fishhound1
01-26-2019, 02:53 PM
Tried my luck at Collins Friday. On the water at 7am, and the water was very brown, visibility was about 6 inches. trolled for 5 hours for nota. I have had great luck before at this lake but due to the water conditions we were not able to even get on hit. everyone I spoke to had the same luck as us.also talked to a guy who hit up Amador earlier in the week and said the condition were the same there and no fish. I try again in a couple of weeks.

bigfin
01-26-2019, 06:07 PM
Tried my luck at Collins Friday. On the water at 7am, and the water was very brown, visibility was about 6 inches. trolled for 5 hours for nota. I have had great luck before at this lake but due to the water conditions we were not able to even get on hit. everyone I spoke to had the same luck as us.also talked to a guy who hit up Amador earlier in the week and said the condition were the same there and no fish. I try again in a couple of weeks.

Wow 6 inches thats muddy anyone know how long it takes collins to clear up when its like that ? (2 weeks) Tightlines BF

Grncrestliner
01-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Collins is never really super clear but it is a lot muddier than normal now. It usually cleans up in a few days unless we get more wind and rain.
Example on Monday I could not see my prop on my outboard. Maybe 12" of visibility?? By Thursday I could see my prop but not very well. So maybe 18-24" inches where I spent most of my time. Up past the power lines and right in front of the dam are the worst 2 locations right now. In the middle of some of the coves it is slightly cleaner.
I did see a bank fisherman hook a nice trout near the swim beach. Good fish even if it did come off right at the net. Usually bankers do better than guys trolling when it is muddy.

The lake is now about 12-13 feet down and that is up from 26 feet down 2 weeks ago.

bigfin
01-27-2019, 07:24 PM
Thanks , yep man its good to have all that water we just need one more storm like that to be full . Tightlines BF