PDA

View Full Version : Net required at the mid!

Spinner
02-07-2019, 10:09 AM
I was just told by a friend that shore fishers at pyramid must use a net to land fish or risk a ticket? I hope it's not true, I WILL quite fishing there along with a lot of friends. And I bet they sell nets! BULL****

LineStretcher
02-07-2019, 11:01 AM
I was just told by a friend that shore fishers at pyramid must use a net to land fish or risk a ticket? I hope it's not true, I WILL quite fishing there along with a lot of friends. And I bet they sell nets! BULL****
No it's not true, it was in the 2018-2019 proposed reg changes but did not make it into the final regs. It is however, included as a recommendation for their instructions on catch and release.

TexWalker
02-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Requiring a net is enough to chase you away from a lake like Pyramid? For catch and release, nothing beats keeping the fish in a rubber net underwater while you remove the hook. If you don't plan on keeping trout, you should always strive to keep them in the water as much as possible.

MtnFisher
02-07-2019, 04:00 PM
https://www.keepemwet.org/tips#keepemwet-tips

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Troutbead
02-07-2019, 06:38 PM

bye bye

LineStretcher
02-07-2019, 07:51 PM
He knew it wasn't true when he posted, he's just trying to stir stuff up.

Spinner
02-09-2019, 01:09 PM
He knew it wasn't true when he posted, he's just trying to stir stuff up.
No, not stirring things just looking for the facts! Stories on the beach aren't always true, as in this case. And yes, more regs. are NOT needed.

Jfitalia
02-09-2019, 02:19 PM

Why the hell would you stop fishing a lake that requires a net? Why would you want to drag a fish onto the sand? Talk about damaging a fish prior to release

Jetspray
02-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Why the hell would you stop fishing a lake that requires a net? Why would you want to drag a fish onto the sand? Talk about damaging a fish prior to releaseKind of the same thing to me when I see a boga type grip on their jaw or someone holding them by the gill area or holding them suspended from their hand. I usually keep them in the net to weigh them and hold them up to my yard sticks before returning them to the water, otherwise just remove the barbless hook and let them go at the waters edge....Jetspray