PDA

View Full Version : Lake Amador Reports

gbslade
02-08-2019, 07:39 PM
I would appreciate any current reports on how Lake Amador is fishing. My son is coming to visit from SoCal and our fishing options have become very limited. BTW: We’re fly fishers.

bigfin
02-08-2019, 07:48 PM
I would appreciate any current reports on how Lake Amador is fishing. My son is coming to visit from SoCal and our fishing options have become very limited. BTW: We’re fly fishers.

Last two times I was there it was slow . One or two early then nothing for hours . But then again I have seen people knock the Snot out of them using Copper Johns !!!! Tightlines BF

spicytuna
02-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Headed on a family camping trip this weekend and the guys are breaking away Sat and Sun morn to fish Amador.

Did I read a copper john?

I am fly guy and have all kinds of flies and bugs like that. Wonder if I should mess around with some indicator fly fishing.

Was thinking of trolling the usual trout stuff and throwing cast masters, rooster tails, and bait.

Will have two gear guys with me so maybe I will pack the fly rod with me.

Jfitalia
02-11-2019, 11:38 PM
Headed on a family camping trip this weekend and the guys are breaking away Sat and Sun morn to fish Amador.

Did I read a copper john?

I am fly guy and have all kinds of flies and bugs like that. Wonder if I should mess around with some indicator fly fishing.

Was thinking of trolling the usual trout stuff and throwing cast masters, rooster tails, and bait.

Will have two gear guys with me so maybe I will pack the fly rod with me.

Put the copper john behind a bunny leach. If three fish get balled up. The john under an indicator will work well

spicytuna
02-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Hope this storm doesn't blow out the lake for this weekend.

bigfin
02-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Hope this storm doesn't blow out the lake for this weekend.

Shouldn't but who knows , it should be spilling though . Its been gradually rising but still murky and was clearing up but now its probably going back that way .

BigUnInDaBoat
02-12-2019, 08:45 PM
look at doppler, I dove over the delta today, after driving over it yesterday, and there was a very noticeable difference, all the dams are dumping cause they know this rain is going to melt all this epic low snow.

PapaGreg
02-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Amador started spilling today and it's going to get a lot more water from this storm. Water clarity was ok today, but that could change with an influx of muddy water from Jackson creek.

bigfin
02-13-2019, 05:13 PM

Take your son to Pardee its opening weekend so it might be crowded but they are putting in 10k tomorrow, Amadors already turning chocolate with Trees growing in the middle . Thanks for the info PG just passing it on hopefully he can get his son on some fish .