PDA

View Full Version : Pardee opening weekend who's going ?

bigfin
02-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Alright its finally opening weekend . Who's all going this year ? They are putting in 10,000 lbs for the opening . Should be some fish for the taking and hopefully the waters good . Tightlines BF

twack
02-13-2019, 07:46 PM
Alright its finally opening weekend . Who's all going this year ? They are putting in 10,000 lbs for the opening . Should be some fish for the taking and hopefully the waters good . Tightlines BF

I hear Mother Nature is going to be there :-) I don;t know if she's bank fishing or on a boat. Tell us if you see her.

Jfitalia
02-13-2019, 07:54 PM
I avoid that place like the plague on opening weekend

bigfin
02-13-2019, 08:50 PM
I avoid that place like the plague on opening weekend

LOL never knew fishing could make you sick !!!!
Well on second thought my wife would disagree . Tightlines BF

Crazy4Kokanee
02-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Totally forgot about Pardee opening! I was going to hit up Amador. I'll be there the next weekend probably.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
02-13-2019, 09:28 PM
LOL never knew fishing could make you sick !!!!
Well on second thought my wife would disagree . Tightlines BF

Where is the joy fishing shoulder to shoulder for truck trout?

bigfin
02-14-2019, 06:23 AM

I don't do the shoulder to shoulder thing I hike . Besides the way California is going with the hatchery's , a lot of the trout we catch are truck trout pretty soon it will be hard for us to keep a hold over .

fishwrong2
02-14-2019, 08:46 AM

For a lot of folks, fishing is a rare luxury. A lot of us are fortunate enough to get out dozens of time a year, but for others it's a one or twice a year thing. I've got buddies who don't fish much and just want an opportunity to take their kids out and have some success. For these folks, this is the perfect opportunity (weather aside). For others it's a social thing/tradition. I went to the ISE show to stand shoulder to shoulder with thousands of people, not even fish and thoroughly enjoy myself.

Pardee opening day is not my cup of tea, but I'm not so jaded as to question others on how they chose to do their thing.

MtnFisher
02-14-2019, 10:11 AM
Where is the joy fishing shoulder to shoulder for truck trout?For some there is no joy, for others it's alot of joy especially the women and kids!

We all fish for various and different reasons but catching fish including truck trout is enjoyable for most.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maxumfishin
02-14-2019, 06:30 PM
Wow. For years I thought I was the only one. Never saw the interest in this lake and especially these fish. Just never had fun fishing that lake. That being said, I wish those going fair weather and tight lines.

Koke Machine83
02-14-2019, 07:15 PM
I always wait a couple of weeks til things calm down... Just hoping the kokanee show up this year!!! Robbie

Jfitalia
02-14-2019, 07:52 PM
For some there is no joy, for others it's alot of joy especially the women and kids!

We all fish for various and different reasons but catching fish including truck trout is enjoyable for most.

That's great, I don't see the fun for my 5yr old to have people fishing on our backs. Especially with camanche right down the street

fishwrong2
02-14-2019, 08:42 PM
That's great, I don't see the fun for my 5yr old to have people fishing on our backs. Especially with camanche right down the street

Itís a great thing to take your kid fishing. Your 5 year old is lucky to have a dad that knows as much about the sport as you. Iím in the same boat not liking to fight the crowds, and we go other places too. I just have to remind myself that a kid who hasnít caught a fish doesnít care if it came out of a truck or is a native trophy. Same goes for not so young kids.

Hope you enjoy many days on the water with the kid.

hungryhooker
02-15-2019, 02:45 AM

All about the hold overs in parts of the lake that have been untouched for awhile. I can understand staying away from the crowds though, and a kid not enjoying a dad freaking out with agoraphobia. No fun indeed to see dad yelling at others for no apparent reason other than his own anxiety.

MtnFisher
02-15-2019, 06:18 AM
That's great, I don't see the fun for my 5yr old to have people fishing on our backs. Especially with camanche right down the streetThere's a few videos on the Pardee opener on youtube and no evidence of "shoulder to shoulder" or folks fishing on other's backs.

One fishermen even caught and released a non-truck trout brown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xG6zxV7ryXA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KGFJuhz59c

Forecast is for rain and we all know folks will leave anyways after their Frog Toggs jackets start leaking.

bigfin
02-15-2019, 06:28 AM
Well I just gotta put this out there . I for one would love to fish shoulder to shoulder with all of the sniffers
the Camaraderie and Competition would be Fantastic . Tightlines BF

sollimes
02-15-2019, 06:58 AM
Well I just gotta put this out there . I for one would love to fish shoulder to shoulder with all of the sniffers

Might take my son out there on Monday.
Maybe see you out there Bigfin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
02-15-2019, 08:58 AM
All about the hold overs in parts of the lake that have been untouched for awhile. I can understand staying away from the crowds though, and a kid not enjoying a dad freaking out with agoraphobia. No fun indeed to see dad yelling at others for no apparent reason other than his own anxiety.

I dont yell at stupid people, I just dont like inconsiderate fisherman. If it's just me that's fine but it's not fun for a toddler. I wait a week and go in the middle of the week. Plus that shoreline is going to he a mud pit.

Stocking is down from past year. They dropped on 14k prior to the opener. This year its 7k, which is still great.

Jfitalia
02-15-2019, 09:04 AM
There's a few videos on the Pardee opener on youtube and no evidence of "shoulder to shoulder" or folks fishing on other's backs.

One fishermen even caught and released a non-truck trout brown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xG6zxV7ryXA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KGFJuhz59c

Forecast is for rain and we all know folks will leave anyways after their Frog Toggs jackets start leaking.

Haha I've fished the opener for almost a decade. Unless you hike past the spillway, its shoulder to shoulder. I stopped doing it three years ago because I found it was nice to wait a week and take my boat instead.

Jfitalia
02-15-2019, 09:05 AM

Ots not fishing around the members that sucks. Ots the rest of the weekend warrior yahoos. Haha

CAL.NDN
02-15-2019, 11:27 AM
J, you remember the good old days kicking it with the peeps throwing spoons shoulder to shoulder for steelhead or lining salmon in the basin? Or Rancho seco openers with true shoulder to shoulder action. We've been there and yes I too grow out of it a few years ago now I just paddle on by and wave hi to big fin and a few others and find myself enjoying a little more peace these days. But I had lots of great days combat fishing in the past.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
02-15-2019, 02:14 PM
J, you remember the good old days kicking it with the peeps throwing spoons shoulder to shoulder for steelhead or lining salmon in the basin? Or Rancho seco openers with true shoulder to shoulder action. We've been there and yes I too grow out of it a few years ago now I just paddle on by and wave hi to big fin and a few others and find myself enjoying a little more peace these days. But I had lots of great days combat fishing in the past.

Oh yeah if it's with people I know I love it because all you guys are respectful. It's all the people I dont know. Hahaha

You gonna your kayak to Amador soon? I may drop my toon in

CAL.NDN
02-15-2019, 02:16 PM
I have been for already since December.

Jfitalia
02-15-2019, 05:36 PM
I have been for already since December.

I fished it once but have been fishing collins and camanche. My vacation starts Feb 23 and goes through April 8th. I'll be getting out

CAL.NDN
02-15-2019, 05:38 PM
Cool hope you slay them.

hungryhooker
02-15-2019, 05:53 PM
I dont yell at stupid people, I just dont like inconsiderate fisherman. If it's just me that's fine but it's not fun for a toddler. I wait a week and go in the middle of the week. Plus that shoreline is going to he a mud pit.

Stocking is down from past year. They dropped on 14k prior to the opener. This year its 7k, which is still great.

The opener today was excellent and everyone I encountered was respectful. 10 fish caught, two hold overs with good meat. Literally only 5 or 6 boats on the water today. Bankers were doing well - seemed like a great day for all - at least everyone I ran into. That said, attendance was probably half of what it was last year, which likely helped.

Would have been great to have my kids for the experience - but I'm not a deadbeat Dad who would have them skip school for trout.

CAL.NDN
02-15-2019, 07:17 PM
Hungryhooker how were the quality and size on there planters.

PapaGreg
02-15-2019, 07:56 PM
hungryhooker, I'll bet the kids will learn more in one day fishing than 30 days in school, what with they're teaching these days!:nightmare:

hungryhooker
02-15-2019, 08:49 PM
hungryhooker, I'll bet the kids will learn more in one day fishing than 30 days in school, what with they're teaching these days!:nightmare:

No - my son took a test on the periodic table of elements today, including all details of each element, and I am certain that he received an A grade. That said - many would agree that school is useless - particularly those who mow my lawns and trim my trees.

hungryhooker
02-15-2019, 08:59 PM
Hungryhooker how were the quality and size on there planters.

Pretty solid - average was about 2 to 2.25lbs a piece for the stockers. Weird that the hold overs were 1.5 lbs each. My brother almost had me pull the boat over to look at a - not kidding you - 27" trout laying in the back of a truck. Somebody got a beast today - good for him! All in all, good fight for the poundage too - one 3lber literally felt like a snag for a minute.

CAL.NDN
02-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Oh ok yea that's a good day. 27 inches is a damn nice one that beats my biggest of the year by 1 inch.

hungryhooker
02-15-2019, 09:08 PM
Oh ok yea that's a good day. 27 inches is a damn nice one that beats my biggest of the year by 1 inch.

Never caught one past 23 myself - good for you! Let me know when you want company to hunt a trophy - I can drive :).

CAL.NDN
02-15-2019, 09:16 PM
23 Is a damn good trout. I hadn't got a 26er in 6 years so I was stoked. Do you kayak also.

Jfitalia
02-15-2019, 10:09 PM
Yeah usually these storms keep the crowd down. I'm off this weekend but weather looks terrible.

CAL.NDN
02-15-2019, 10:42 PM
Yea looks horrible already did a 24 mph wind and rain day In the kayak at Amador. Wast so bad and had the lake dang near to ourselves. But the conditions were not ideal lol. But who know until I wake up in the morning.

GNappers
02-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a good day. Might have to head there when the weather gets better. Whatís the cost nowadays?