PDA

View Full Version : Folsom Lake shore fishing questions

CaliJeepHuntr
02-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Hello,

I'm headed to Sacramento for the weekend, leaving early tomorrow. I'm thinking about heading up to Folsom lake on Friday afternoon for some evening trout fishing, or whatever wants to bite. However, having never been there before I'm wondering if anyone has any information they'd be willing to share. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spot. Is shore access easy? I was told to stay away from the beach/picnic areas if fishing from shore, but I'd be looking to try to get out towards some points looking for ledges and drop offs.

I'm taking an ultra light rod with 4 lb test and casting kastmasters, and other assorted lures. Not being familiar with the lake, should I focus on the main part of the lake? Or should I look for a spot more towards the rivers with the water flow? Or should I go more up river?

Sort of a last minute post, but hoping someone can point at least towards the waters edge. :)

Folsomtroller22
02-28-2019, 04:25 PM
Hello,

I'm headed to Sacramento for the weekend, leaving early tomorrow. I'm thinking about heading up to Folsom lake on Friday afternoon for some evening trout fishing, or whatever wants to bite. However, having never been there before I'm wondering if anyone has any information they'd be willing to share. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spot. Is shore access easy? I was told to stay away from the beach/picnic areas if fishing from shore, but I'd be looking to try to get out towards some points looking for ledges and drop offs.

I'm taking an ultra light rod with 4 lb test and casting kastmasters, and other assorted lures. Not being familiar with the lake, should I focus on the main part of the lake? Or should I look for a spot more towards the rivers with the water flow? Or should I go more up river?

Sort of a last minute post, but hoping someone can point at least towards the waters edge. :)
It might be worth a try in the area of the launch ramp at Brown's Revine. I've seen several bass caught using typical bass techniques. It is however known to be a tough lake to conquer. Good luck, you'll need it.

CaliJeepHuntr
03-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I tried on these north side of the lake up past Dotson point. Nothing happening. Was a nice evening, but the fish were MIA.

I was throwing kastmasters and mini jigs for trout, but I don't think I was in the right area, or the fish were further out along the channel ledge. Most of the shoreline where I was and what I could see didn't drop off fast enough. Just a gradual slope.

Water was... Cold. Vis was 2-3 feet with a milky green color.

If it's not raining tomorrow and I get some time I'll try a different area.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk