PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid idea

Robertash20
03-08-2019, 12:51 PM
I got a new Dave Scadden Inflatable Class 3 white water approved and wanted to try in on pyramid. It even has a trolling motor!

I know the wind can howl and wouldn't take it far from shore and if the wind picks up ill get off the water stat.

My question is has anyone tubed pyramid? Anyone on here who fishes it regularly have advice or for see any huge problems with this? Ideas, Advice etc, Thanks Sniffers!!!

okie
03-08-2019, 01:39 PM
I got a new Dave Scadden Inflatable Class 3 white water approved and wanted to try in on pyramid. It even has a trolling motor!

I know the wind can howl and wouldn't take it far from shore and if the wind picks up ill get off the water stat.

My question is has anyone tubed pyramid? Anyone on here who fishes it regularly have advice or for see any huge problems with this? Ideas, Advice etc, Thanks Sniffers!!!

yes, there is a lot of tubers and other small craft, you just need to pay attention
to the winds.

OYD
03-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Everything is used at Pyramid. Last time I was out we saw a couple of paddle boarders fishing from their boards. One guy even had his dog on the board with him.

MKE
03-08-2019, 02:52 PM
I've used to do it all the time. But since then I've graduated to a 14' Gregor. Just be wise and you'll have fun and get towed around buy big fish.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

hooks
03-08-2019, 03:04 PM

If you use the motor you will have to get a boating permit.
14.1.2 in the regs

Robertash20
03-08-2019, 03:29 PM
If you use the motor you will have to get a boating permit.
14.1.2 in the regs

Thats what I was thinking hooks, but thats not that bad could be a ton of fun!!! Thanks also others.

Any other rules as far as shoreline. I remeber reading I cant bee 100 ffet close to shore or something correct?

hooks
03-08-2019, 03:59 PM
4.2.1 It will be unlawful to operate or anchor a boat within 250 feet of any person actively engaged in the act of fishing from shore, float tub, or any other small floatation device used solely for single person fishing.

http://plpt.nsn.us/rangers/2018Regs.pdf

Float tubes are considered shore fishermen.

Jetspray
03-08-2019, 06:11 PM
4.2.1 It will be unlawful to operate or anchor a boat within 250 feet of any person actively engaged in the act of fishing from shore, float tub, or any other small floatation device used solely for single person fishing.

http://plpt.nsn.us/rangers/2018Regs.pdf

Float tubes are considered shore fishermen.Yes and some of those troll'ers need to carry devices to measure distance with, seen too many of them come in close when someone snags a good one. I would also say to watch for fog rolling in, and do not be afraid to yell out if you need help, I have in the past given assistance to someone who got blow away, very scary stuff. We all do just get along:action-smiley-035::heart:....Jetspray

Captain Compassion
03-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Up around Warrior Point om a mice weekend there are s0o many tubes and yaks that it looks like a bowl of cheerios. Enjoy.

CC

Prettyman01
03-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Indeed an excellent lake to fish a small craft for a shot at huge trout. Respect the lake and you'll have a great time for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Robertash20
03-11-2019, 06:18 AM
Up around Warrior Point om a mice weekend there are s0o many tubes and yaks that it looks like a bowl of cheerios. Enjoy.

CC

Thanks Captain!!!