PDA

View Full Version : Halibut this Weekend :)

MoMoney
03-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Getting ready to get out for the first time this year to drag some baits for halibut.It may be early,it may be a big tide,it may be muddy But.....We always find the fish!! (well most of the time lol) Can't Wait!!!!!!

Markj2k4
03-12-2019, 08:58 PM
:fishing5: Sounds like a win regardless of luck with how amazing the weather has been this week !

DBoardfox
03-13-2019, 07:52 AM
I gave it a shot on Sunday. Could not find clear water. Trolled around berkely flats for not even a scratched bait. Lots of stripers hanging out at the barges but they would not eat what we had. Curios to hear how you do please report back.
DB

MoMoney
03-13-2019, 09:46 AM
Yeah thatís gonna be the issue looking for clean water.Will probably try South Bay 1st.Will report for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redrumfish
03-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Should be cleaner water in the south bay

meandmatt
03-14-2019, 05:23 AM
We are going to give it a go tomorrow. Plan is to fish the South Bay. Will report back.

brokea--boater
03-14-2019, 07:27 AM
I plan on heading out tomorrow, crap tides for sure. My Sister and Brother in Law came out this week to get a break from the long run sub zero temp days they have had this winter in Northern Minn. I took him out a year ago Feb. when they came visiting , we manage two that day, hoping to get a couple again this time. Anyone know what area direction the Lovely Martha has been going? Still on the fence which harbor, Berkley sucks, but is more central to run out of. Richmond is much nicer and my preference. I'll be on the water right at grey light, give a shout on the radio,, Valhalla,, for on the water report, good luck Boys,,,gregg

MoMoney
03-14-2019, 08:31 AM
I plan on heading out tomorrow, crap tides for sure. My Sister and Brother in Law came out this week to get a break from the long run sub zero temp days they have had this winter in Northern Minn. I took him out a year ago Feb. when they came visiting , we manage two that day, hoping to get a couple again this time. Anyone know what area direction the Lovely Martha has been going? Still on the fence which harbor, Berkley sucks, but is more central to run out of. Richmond is much nicer and my preference. I'll be on the water right at grey light, give a shout on the radio,, Valhalla,, for on the water report, good luck Boys,,,gregg
I heard a few PB's were out near ARW and off the Oakland Airport

nayr
03-14-2019, 09:40 AM
I gotta load up on tray baits tomorrow

DBoardfox
03-14-2019, 10:22 AM
FYI I have a small aluminum that I can launch at the free launch ramp next to the ARW. Went there Sunday and they had the docks removed. They are putting new docks in but currently no docks so launching is a pain there. Any other good launch ramps in that area?
DB

MoMoney
03-14-2019, 11:29 AM
FYI I have a small aluminum that I can launch at the free launch ramp next to the ARW. Went there Sunday and they had the docks removed. They are putting new docks in but currently no docks so launching is a pain there. Any other good launch ramps in that area?
DB
There is a launch in Alameda that I used before but it has hardly any parking and is a long run out the estuary so I'm thinking San Leandro.I used to run my 15ft aluminum from there as well as Encinal.

sangongoaitroi19
03-26-2019, 01:22 AM
Great, I wish I can enjoy it ^^