PDA

View Full Version : Spb 03/17

Yearroundfisherman
03-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Took the Lund back on the water with her new Merc 115. I'm still getting used to the new controls and it took a while to get the cold start going but it runs great. We top out at 40 Knots when with the old Evinrude 90 topped out at 33.
We needed the day with 10 stripers with one being a keeper which was cooked, two leopard shark, and one sturgeon. All bit on ghost shrimp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-OwfIxf6II&t=463s

Jetspray
03-23-2019, 05:31 AM
Love the video, nice release on the Sturgy too, haven't been in that area for years:sneakiness:......Jetspray

Yearroundfisherman
03-31-2019, 08:01 PM
We got out again with another three dozen ghosts. Landed a very healthy 32 inch sturgy that went back in the water. We also landed six keeper striper and kept three of those at 21 inches. Loch Lomond had quality bait today and the fish were on it! Water tenp was 61 degrees according to the Lowrance.
Weíre also getting a feel for the new engine. I just canít get used to this 2+2 stuff. It sputters and dies at quarter throttle some times if you ease in to it but if you just open it up she flies! I think some carb tuning is in order here but Iím going to ask the shop who installed it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish_For_It
04-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Great report and thanks for sharing. As a suggestion, you might try turning your fish into the current to revive them. Water running backwards through their gills is probably no going to help them to recooperate.

Yearroundfisherman
04-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Great report and thanks for sharing. As a suggestion, you might try turning your fish into the current to revive them. Water running backwards through their gills is probably no going to help them to recooperate.

Thank you. I usually do that but for some reason I got mixed up that day. I tried to spin it around but the current was haullin and I didnít think it was worth the struggle for the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk