PDA

View Full Version : Halibut Report 3/24

Hookem2004
03-26-2019, 07:40 AM
Went out on Sunday to see if we could scratch a few fish.

Three fisherman managed two keeper butts and one striper. Had two undersize as well.

Launched out of San Leandro and trolled along the Oakland Airport and then out towards San Bruno Shoal. Party boats were out at the shoal along with another dozen boats.

Was a gorgeous day on the bay.

BTW: DFG was there at the marina when we pulled in. Came to the boat before we could tie up. Ask for permission to board and one of them came on and checked every bin, backpack, tackle bag that could hold a fish. I think she was in training. Both were nice. Was glad to see them doing their job. Wish there were more of them out there.

MoMoney
03-27-2019, 07:33 AM
Went out on Sunday to see if we could scratch a few fish.

Three fisherman managed two keeper butts and one striper. Had two undersize as well.

Launched out of San Leandro and trolled along the Oakland Airport and then out towards San Bruno Shoal. Party boats were out at the shoal along with another dozen boats.

Was a gorgeous day on the bay.

BTW: DFG was there at the marina when we pulled in. Came to the boat before we could tie up. Ask for permission to board and one of them came on and checked every bin, backpack, tackle bag that could hold a fish. I think she was in training. Both were nice. Was glad to see them doing their job. Wish there were more of them out there.
THX for reporting.Good eats for a couple weeks anyways.Last year The wardens were at SL a couple times.First time I can ever remember them being there. BTW was that guy living there with all the garbage in the parking spots by the fence and bathrooms still there?Looked horrible previous week when we were there.

Hookem2004
03-27-2019, 08:05 AM
To be honest that marina seems to be always a mess. And yes the guy was still living next to the restrooms.

In the afternoon there was 5-6 jet skiers doing high speed runs right in front of the ramp. This was of course after the wardens left the area. Not one of my favorite ramps to visit to tell you the truth.