PDA

View Full Version : Topaz 3/23/19

NevadaT4
03-29-2019, 04:17 PM
Beautiful day at Topaz last weekend 3/23. Warm, glassy, but unfortunately only 1 bite, within the first 10 minutes in the water. That was it though. No fish. Afterwards I took a quick trip into Wilson Canyon, lots of water, a tad fast to fish, but beautiful!

Jetspray
03-30-2019, 04:32 AM
Sorry for the dislike this morning, I was trying to reply to the thread and my bad eye missed the mark. Anyway we fished yesterday for a few hours and Jeff caught two and only kept one due to it bleeding badly. It was a great day out there though with flat waters and warm temps as it gets closer to midday. Most of the fish are still grouping up and traveling around the lake. I hope to get out there a couple of times before the derby closes.:very_drunk:...Jetspray

NevadaT4
03-30-2019, 11:44 AM
No worries! I didnt even see it 👍 Sounds like you did better then I did. Looking forward to giving it another try while I wait for all this snow to melt off!

Jetspray
03-30-2019, 05:10 PM
No worries! I didnt even see it 👍 Sounds like you did better then I did. Looking forward to giving it another try while I wait for all this snow to melt off!I agree and the rivers will be hammered when they open for fishing, probably like fishing in a firehose stream:help::redface-new:....Jetspray

LineStretcher
03-30-2019, 06:04 PM
I agree and the rivers will be hammered when they open for fishing, probably like fishing in a firehose stream:help::redface-new:....Jetspray

You should see Lahontan, it gets its water from the Carson and it is full and going into the overflow. They shutdown the canal to a trickle (just enough for the ranchers) since it dumps back into it also. I wonder if Pyramid is rising again. It should be since they're not sending anything to Boca or Stampede yet.

okie
03-30-2019, 06:45 PM
You should see Lahontan, it gets its water from the Carson and it is full and going into the overflow. They shutdown the canal to a trickle (just enough for the ranchers) since it dumps back into it also. I wonder if Pyramid is rising again. It should be since they're not sending anything to Boca or Stampede yet.

pyramid is way up, there is no beach area in front of the tufa rocks south of the dock, and it seems like
the fish are a little bigger than normal, last time don and I went out, we landed 13, most were between 20-24,
only a few were under 17.
be safe

HNR
03-30-2019, 07:38 PM
Hope to give Topaz a try this week. Been retired for almost 14 years and still can not believe how hard it is to get out to fish. Drove by Carson River today on 95A and it was way up. Same for West Walker in Wilson Canyon.

Jetspray
03-31-2019, 04:10 AM
Hope to give Topaz a try this week. Been retired for almost 14 years and still can not believe how hard it is to get out to fish. Drove by Carson River today on 95A and it was way up. Same for West Walker in Wilson Canyon.It is not really hard, but having others to fish there with is what makes it worthwhile. Sometimes difficult as we all have doctor's apt's during the week. I retired in 2006 Oct. and just keeping things up around here requires attention. Glad to read that the flows are up though....Jetspray

Spinner
04-01-2019, 07:21 AM
Beautiful day at Topaz last weekend 3/23. Warm, glassy, but unfortunately only 1 bite, within the first 10 minutes in the water. That was it though. No fish. Afterwards I took a quick trip into Wilson Canyon, lots of water, a tad fast to fish, but beautiful!

337733377433775 Drop down about 15 miles, on the game ranch, find a hole and use your fav. catfish bait because the channels are running! They taste great this time of year. Also, those same holes produce large trout and bass, right after the river drops. One day my son and I caught seven species of gamefish out of the same stretch of river, just by changing tactics! This is my backyard! BUT I have this STUPID affliction for Salmon, Steelies, Stripers, and Sturg. Go figure, it's what I grew up catching.