PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette reservoir 3/30/10

OldManMcGinty
03-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Finally got off the schneid!

I got on the water about 9am with my Colorado pontoon, and trolled until about 1:30-2pm.

Pretty steady bite -- ended up catching and releasing about a dozen pan-frying trout, and had at least 6-8 more solid bites. I also caught a surprise catfish. All of them were with spoons (Prime Lures Chrome Candy Fishing Spoons, 5/8oz. And then I took off the hooks and added a leader that varied from about 1.5-3ft and added a hook with a mousetail and some garlic scent. I tried a spoon without the leader but got nothing on it.

When the catfish took the mousetail (I know, right?) it felt like I had gotten my line caught up, but it was clear pretty soon there was something substantial on the end.

Grncrestliner
03-31-2019, 04:36 AM
Sounds like a good day to me. Interesting presentation and sometimes changing things a little makes all the difference.

cabby
04-02-2019, 10:50 AM
I believe I saw you out there slow rowing and catching fish!:like: I was out there testing out a new trolling battery and getting reacquainted with my graph. It was a beautiful day with little wind.