PDA

View Full Version : Boca, Truckee...

NevadaT4
03-31-2019, 02:51 PM
Hit Boca with my daughter, with the ice out starting figured wed give it a try. Unfortunately, zero ��. Should open up any day now though. As you can see the lake is very low, they are draining it down for the dam repairs ��, bummer because last spring we had our best ever brown fishing here. Hope this draining doesn’t ruin that opportunity. Anyway we had a great time finally enjoying some sun!

okie
03-31-2019, 06:37 PM
Hit Boca with my daughter, with the ice out starting figured wed give it a try. Unfortunately, zero ��. Should open up any day now though. As you can see the lake is very low, they are draining it down for the dam repairs ��, bummer because last spring we had our best ever brown fishing here. Hope this draining doesn’t ruin that opportunity. Anyway we had a great time finally enjoying some sun!

you need to try pyramid, the fishing has been pretty good for us so far.
be safe

LineStretcher
03-31-2019, 07:49 PM

Great day to get out even if the fishing wasn't all that great. Boca is supposed to be down all summer. They're also holding Stampede down in anticipation of the snow melt. The have the canal nearly shut down at Derby Dam because the Carson is dumping a lot of water into Lahontan and the added water from the canal would not be good. They're trying to gracefully lower Tahoe by about a foot to handle the snow melt. The Truckee is flowing well but not raging yet, that will be happening soon. Pyramid will get most of the Truckee water with only small amounts going to farms. It should be interesting once everything gets going.