PDA

View Full Version : TWO boats and TWO kayaks to be awarded at this weekend's SMUD trout derby!

AnglersPress
04-01-2019, 10:14 AM
https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/954e8bb24f7585559778fae3893f25f7.jpeg

FOUR boats and thousands of pounds of beautiful Mt. Lassen trout are up for grabs as Angler's Press Outdoors will again host the 26th annual Sacramento Municipal Utility District’s (SMUD) trout derby this coming weekend at Rancho Seco Recreational Area!

https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/ac54e0ab554e28722fd563bac5547519.jpeg
Last years event drew over 1,000 participants - adults and kids of all skill levels, and with the good weather predicted for Saturday and Sunday.....this year's event will be even better!

Anglers will not only enjoy catching lots of recently planted Mt Lassen rainbows, but will also be in contention EACH DAY for:

TWO 12-foot aluminum boat packages for the adult division!

TWO kayaks for the kids division!

A huge raffle, food, and tons of fun is what you can expect - for only $5 per angler, which covers you for both days, so don't delay...click on the link below to sign up!

https://rockymountainrec.com/rancho-seco-fishing-derby-registration/

Gates open at 6am....see you there!

Angler’s Press Outdoors

Powering the community more than 70 years, SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District) provides complete energy solutions to customers throughout the greater Sacramento area

https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/cf26c00ee5e679d7ecf78699f70608bf.jpeg

https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/4739b31097b96b5e79af8ba638459bd2.jpeg

Jfitalia
04-01-2019, 06:01 PM
It would be a more enjoyable event if the lake was stocked the day before the tournament and not two hours into the tournament. I refuse to take my family there anymore for this tournament

AnglersPress
04-01-2019, 10:47 PM
It would be a more enjoyable event if the lake was stocked the day before the tournament and not two hours into the tournament. I refuse to take my family there anymore for this tournament

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

AGGRESSIVE trout plants - prior to the event, are done EVERY YEAR for this event. Only last year did they experience a massive fish die-off during one of the pre-event planting days, and had to deliver/plant fish on the day of the event.

Either way, there will be PLENTY of fish to be caught, and 4 anglers will take home 4 new watercraft, as well as some nice cash for just a $5 entry!

Jetspray
04-02-2019, 05:57 AM
It would be a more enjoyable event if the lake was stocked the day before the tournament and not two hours into the tournament. I refuse to take my family there anymore for this tournamentSince most folks follow the trout truck with every piece of social media available and watchers posted on roads leading into the lake, I would say that stocking just before and even during a tournament will give the folks fishing the shoreline some advantage. But I do not do tournaments, nor much travel over the mountains for any. I would think the costs for all of this are in the tickets, but like a concert the best tickets are sold out events...Ö.Jetspray

Jetspray
04-02-2019, 06:01 AM

AGGRESSIVE trout plants - prior to the event, are done EVERY YEAR for this event. Only last year did they experience a massive fish die-off during one of the pre-event planting days, and had to deliver/plant fish on the day of the event.

Either way, there will be PLENTY of fish to be caught, and 4 anglers will take home 4 new watercraft, as well as some nice cash for just a $5 entry!Hard to run a tournament and please everyone. I used to pay into the San Pablo Dam tournament every year just to donate to the causes of the tickets. It was only for that not for me to win anything, after all I "STILL BUY LOTTERY TICKETS":elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant: :tan:...Ö..Jetspray

Troutbead
04-02-2019, 07:02 AM
Not my thing but canít beat the price. I hope the Nor Cal Trout Killaz are banned.

Jfitalia
04-03-2019, 04:32 AM

Either way, there will be PLENTY of fish to be caught, and 4 anglers will take home 4 new watercraft, as well as some nice cash for just a $5 entry!

Sorry but you're wrong. Now I don't know how long angler press had been running this event but my wife and I fished it about 6 or 7 years ago. We got there when the gates opened on Saturday along with many sniffers only to find out the lake had not been stocked and wouldn't ne until approximately 10am. So my wife paddled around for hours in a kayak and I did the same from my toon. No plants the day prior which was told to us at the gate and it showed. No fish for anyone until the plant truck, then everyone crowded the dock until it was no longer floating. Grown men crowding little kids and it was a cluster. We packed up and left and never went back.

In years past it was well managed and stocked prior and you could actually get away from the shoulder to shoulder fishing and still catch fish.

Jfitalia
04-03-2019, 04:34 AM

I'll tell you what, before you tell someone they're wrong, go do your own research and make sure what is being said isnt correct.

I find it hilarious you want to tell me (who was fishing the tournamant) that I'm wrong. Yet your own tournament people confirmed it hadn't been stocked and I watched them show up 3 hours into the tournament.

Then again what can I expect from an organization that's allowing a group of snaggers continued to fish their trout tournaments

Jetspray
04-03-2019, 04:39 AM
Sorry but you're wrong. Now I don't know how long angler press had been running this event but my wife and I fished it about 6 or 7 years ago. We got there when the gates opened on Saturday along with many sniffers only to find out the lake had not been stocked and wouldn't ne until approximately 10am. So my wife paddled around for hours in a kayak and I did the same from my toon. No plants the day prior which was told to us at the gate and it showed. No fish for anyone until the plant truck, then everyone crowded the dock until it was no longer floating. Grown men crowding little kids and it was a cluster. We packed up and left and never went back.

In years past it was well managed and stocked prior and you could actually get away from the shoulder to shoulder fishing and still catch fish.I have seen that happen before just fishing a trout truck plant and watching all that silly stuff does turn your stomach about those who make a religion of following it. I have had fish dumped on my head in the past doing that exact thing with a fella I know.....Jetspray

Rancho Seco Rec
04-05-2019, 06:05 PM
A lot has changed in 7 years. Why not give us a second chance, Iím sure youíll be surprised. Also, our team has been working very hard to clear new areas around the park to give more shoreline for fishing.

As far as our fish planting. We have been stocking our lake since October of 2018. About 1000lbs a month. We had 500lbs of trophy sized fish dropped last week and expect another 1000lbs on Friday and another 500lbs early Saturday morning. We also drop our trout in different locations so everyone has an equal opportunity.

Also, fishing is not allowed on our floating docks.

If you havenít registered yet, what are you waiting for? Those who preregister will gain access to the park earlier.

$12 per vehicle +$3 boat(if applicable)
$5 per person for the derby. Good for BOTH days.

Thatís cheaper than a happy meal or Starbucks coffee.

We look forward to seeing you this weekend!!

Good luck!!

* Rancho Seco Management

Jetspray
04-06-2019, 05:28 AM
I hope you have a great turnout, I have medical issues and live on the other side of the mountain so it is kind of out for me. Good luck to everyone.:action-smiley-035::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::starrolling5e z::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez:.....Jetspray

Bankie
04-06-2019, 10:01 PM
I'll tell you what, before you tell someone they're wrong, go do your own research and make sure what is being said isnt correct.

I find it hilarious you want to tell me (who was fishing the tournamant) that I'm wrong. Yet your own tournament people confirmed it hadn't been stocked and I watched them show up 3 hours into the tournament.

Then again what can I expect from an organization that's allowing a group of snaggers continued to fish their trout tournaments

As they did today you were spot on Jfitalia, they showed up around 8:30 am and released a ton of fish at the first boat ramp and here came the snaggers like fleas. What a Joke, as in they didn't even wait for the truck to move after the release before they started to snagging left and right. What happened to the organization, let me tell you they stood there watching the snag-fest doing nothing about it. Family tournament? I would say snagging tournament. I was so displeased with the this I left, your welcome for the $20.00 I gave to the tournament.

Bankie

BTW, I was informed by one of the workers at the reg desk they were going to bring in another 500lbs of trout on Sunday morning

Jfitalia
04-07-2019, 06:57 AM
As they did today you were spot on Jfitalia, they showed up around 8:30 am and released a ton of fish at the first boat ramp and here came the snaggers like fleas. What a Joke, as in they didn't even wait for the truck to move after the release before they started to snagging left and right. What happened to the organization, let me tell you they stood there watching the snag-fest doing nothing about it. Family tournament? I would say snagging tournament. I was so displeased with the this I left, your welcome for the $20.00 I gave to the tournament.

Bankie

BTW, I was informed by one of the workers at the reg desk they were going to bring in another 500lbs of trout on Sunday morning

Yeah it really is a sad thing to watch. When I went they didnt even plant the days leading up to the event. If they are doing all the planting they say they are going prior. Then there is no reason to plant a measly 500 pounds the day of. Or do it prior to the derby starting. Once again poorly ran, and that is not something I'd want my 5 year old to see

Jetspray
04-07-2019, 08:52 AM
You should watch the shore guys, ladders, seats, stand and toss open bail folks at Pyramid. I have seen so many of them making stand and snag moves it is ridiculous. Of course there are those that jig this way as well and at depths that are unreal, their results are floating on the top of the water in hopes that a pelican will swoop by and pick it up. Let's forget about the drunks, and pot smokers and just stick to what I and the rangers know when they see a snag move. BTW those "fly fishermen/women" also carry open bail setups and practice those moves too.:winkfs::helmut::helmut::helmut::helmut::helmu t:..Ö.Jetspray

Troutbead
04-07-2019, 02:01 PM

Do you care to respond to the stock/snag fest that went on? What happened with the planting this year and why was it allowed?

PapaGreg
04-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Results?

Jfitalia
04-07-2019, 03:51 PM
Do you care to respond to the stock/snag fest that went on? What happened with the planting this year and why was it allowed?

Of course they wont. Which is why they never responded to my post.

troutfishin2
04-10-2019, 01:50 PM
I never post or complain about anything, but this years Rancho Seco trout derby was an absolute joke. I camped with my two kids, ages 6 and 9 and the fishing was terrible. The fish were large. Most of them were over 3 pounds, but with a total of 1500 pounds of trout planted, that's probably less than 1 fish per angler. The only people that caught more than 1 fish were the people that crowded around the stocking truck on Saturday. My kids love fishing for stocked trout and they are VERY SUCCESSFUL at it. I know that trout had been planted months and weeks prior to the derby, but anyone who fishes stocked trout knows that once they are planted, they don't last long. I will not be going back next year unless the stocking practices change.

Jfitalia
04-10-2019, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. Sadly it sounds just like mine was from a few years ago. Sadly it seems as if the company will only post to promote and to try and call someone a liar.

Jfitalia
04-12-2019, 06:30 AM
I even sent anglerspress a PM several days again. They obviously refused to respond back, yet they were able to post in here and promote another event.

Bankie
04-13-2019, 09:23 AM
https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/954e8bb24f7585559778fae3893f25f7.jpeg

FOUR boats and thousands of pounds of beautiful Mt. Lassen trout are up for grabs as Angler's Press Outdoors will again host the 26th annual Sacramento Municipal Utility Districtís (SMUD) trout derby this coming weekend at Rancho Seco Recreational Area!

https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/ac54e0ab554e28722fd563bac5547519.jpeg
Last years event drew over 1,000 participants - adults and kids of all skill levels, and with the good weather predicted for Saturday and Sunday.....this year's event will be even better!

Anglers will not only enjoy catching lots of recently planted Mt Lassen rainbows, but will also be in contention EACH DAY for:

TWO 12-foot aluminum boat packages for the adult division!

TWO kayaks for the kids division!

A huge raffle, food, and tons of fun is what you can expect - for only $5 per angler, which covers you for both days, so don't delay...click on the link below to sign up!

https://rockymountainrec.com/rancho-seco-fishing-derby-registration/

Gates open at 6am....see you there!

Anglerís Press Outdoors

Powering the community more than 70 years, SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District) provides complete energy solutions to customers throughout the greater Sacramento area

https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/cf26c00ee5e679d7ecf78699f70608bf.jpeg

https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/resources/mogile/404545/4739b31097b96b5e79af8ba638459bd2.jpeg

Anglerspress and Fish Sniffer,

Would either one of you care to respond to all of the negative responses to your derby at Rancho Seco? The reason for adding Fish Sniffer to the equation is that they had a booth there that I seen and was told by the origination running the event it was Fish Sniffers booth. With that being said this type of fishing, snagging what ever you'd like to call it brings a question to mind. " Why would you allow this to happen in your presence while promoting this event?" I know your type of business is mainly sponsored to be able to give us members a place to chat, as for this Anglerspress sponsor all true fishermen are distancing themselves quickly. Why are you not following?

Bankie

Jfitalia
04-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Anglerspress and Fish Sniffer,

Would either one of you care to respond to all of the negative responses to your derby at Rancho Seco? The reason for adding Fish Sniffer to the equation is that they had a booth there that I seen and was told by the origination running the event it was Fish Sniffers booth. With that being said this type of fishing, snagging what ever you'd like to call it brings a question to mind. " Why would you allow this to happen in your presence while promoting this event?" I know your type of business is mainly sponsored to be able to give us members a place to chat, as for this Anglerspress sponsor all true fishermen are distancing themselves quickly. Why are you not following?

Bankie

You make some great points. We do need to remember that the sniffer doesnt run the event and I'd assume has no authority or say on how its ran. The event is put on and ran by anglerspress. It has become obvious they've decided to not respond. Especially after trying to call me out. I still have not received a message back from them after I sent them a civil PM.

I'll go out on a limb here and say they'll never respond and this thread will be locked soon. Hahaha

Jetspray
04-13-2019, 11:23 AM
You make some great points. We do need to remember that the sniffer doesnt run the event and I'd assume has no authority or say on how its ran. The event is put on and ran by anglerspress. It has become obvious they've decided to not respond. Especially after trying to call me out. I still have not received a message back from them after I sent them a civil PM.

I'll go out on a limb here and say they'll never respond and this thread will be locked soon. HahahaIt is why I left California in the first place, too many people who do not obey laws, including the legislature or those who are voted in to uphold it. Nevada is no better because all of those morons move here and vote Democratic for all of the silly stuff as well, but I live close to my family. Get some religion because soon it will become the major issue...Ö.Jetspray

AnglingWes
04-13-2019, 08:07 PM
First of all, Iím not locking the thread, and yes we do monitor all of the content on these forums. I have been following this conversation closely, and value everyoneís feedback, which is why I have not yet responded.

Now to address some of the points made.

The Fish Sniffer is a sponsor of an event that is put on by Anglerís Press and SMUD. We ( the Fish Sniffer) have a long standing relationship with Anglerís Press and SMUD and support a number of their events.

The rules, enforcement, participants, scheduling, and all things associated with the SMUD derby are run by Anglerís Press. Rancho Seco Lake is managed by SMUD.

Yes, the Fish Sniffer hosts a booth at the event, and donates a number of the prizes awarded. We also promote the event thru all of our media outlets.

I canít speak to the fish plants because we (the Fish Sniffer), as a sponsor, have zero authority as to when the lake is planted.

As far as snagging goes, I myself, nor any other Fish Sniffer employees are aware of anyone snagging fish during this derby. I think some of the snagging banter relates to the incident that occurred a few weeks ago when a member of a Facebook club, unrelated to anyone associated with this event, was filmed snagging fish at the pond at Lake Camanche. Some of the members of that club did participate in a trout derby, also sponsored by the Fish Sniffer and hosted by Anglerís Press, prior to the snagging incident. The Fish Sniffer and Anglerís Press discussed the incident at length, and have found zero evidence that any of the participants of the previous events were snagging fish. If anyone has any real evidence otherwise, please let me know directly, as we would take immediate action to prevent any participant from participating in future events if they were not following the rules laid out by Anglerís Press.

These events are designed to offer a low cost derby option for families to participate in. Great effort and resources are spent to provide a fun, family friendly environment for us to all share a common hobby and pastime. The turnout at the SMUD event was outstanding, and I have heard zero complaints about the event from anyone who attended this year.

Again, Iím alway open to hearing feedback on the events we sponsor, and take it all in to continue to improve future events.

Wes Ward
Digital Media Editor
Wes@fishsniffer.com

bigfin
04-14-2019, 06:26 AM
Nicely put Wes but we all know "Once a snagger always a snagger " . Some people (and they are always gonna be in our world) are just "TRASH"
Tightlines BF

Jfitalia
04-14-2019, 08:08 AM
First of all, Iím not locking the thread, and yes we do monitor all of the content on these forums. I have been following this conversation closely, and value everyoneís feedback, which is why I have not yet responded.

The Fish Sniffer is a sponsor of an event that is put on by Anglerís Press and SMUD. We ( the Fish Sniffer) have a long standing relationship with Anglerís Press and SMUD and support a number of their events.

The rules, enforcement, participants, scheduling, and all things associated with the SMUD derby are run by Anglerís Press. Rancho Seco Lake is managed by SMUD.

Yes, the Fish Sniffer hosts a booth at the event, and donates a number of the prizes awarded. We also promote the event thru all of our media outlets.

I canít speak to the fish plants because we (the Fish Sniffer), as a sponsor, have zero authority as to when the lake is planted.

As far as snagging goes, I myself, nor any other Fish Sniffer employees are aware of anyone snagging fish during this derby. I think some of the snagging banter relates to the incident that occurred a few weeks ago when a member of a Facebook club, unrelated to anyone associated with this event, was filmed snagging fish at the pond at Lake Camanche. Some of the members of that club did participate in a trout derby, also sponsored by the Fish Sniffer and hosted by Anglerís Press, prior to the snagging incident. The Fish Sniffer and Anglerís Press discussed the incident at length, and have found zero evidence that any of the participants of the previous events were snagging fish. If anyone has any real evidence otherwise, please let me know directly, as we would take immediate action to prevent any participant from participating in future events if they were not following the rules laid out by Anglerís Press.

These events are designed to offer a low cost derby option for families to participate in. Great effort and resources are spent to provide a fun, family friendly environment for us to all share a common hobby and pastime. The turnout at the SMUD event was outstanding, and I have heard zero complaints about the event from anyone who attended this year.

Again, Iím alway open to hearing feedback on the events we sponsor, and take it all in to continue to improve future events.

Wes Ward
Digital Media Editor
Wes@fishsniffer.com

Unrelated to this event, there was plenty of proof showing the kid that runs that Facebook group trevor krug was involved with the snagging. Hes in the video netting the snagged fish for Dotson and watching him keep it. Plus I have private messages from him saying "I only snagged one." Obviously people are mad they were allowed to fish the Amador one.

As for anglers press, I think its garbage they have the balls to come on here for one reply, and do it to call me a liar. Yet when provided the proff (even seco confirmed my story) they no longer have the balls to come forward and apologize or better yet reply to my PM.

It makes me want to go out of my way to bad mouth every event they sponsor.

bigfin
04-14-2019, 08:54 AM
Unrelated to this event, there was plenty of proof showing the kid that runs that Facebook group trevor krug was involved with the snagging. Hes in the video netting the snagged fish for Dotson and watching him keep it. Plus I have private messages from him saying "I only snagged one." Obviously people are mad they were allowed to fish the Amador one.

As for anglers press, I think its garbage they have the balls to come on here for one reply, and do it to call me a liar. Yet when provided the proff (even seco confirmed my story) they no longer have the balls to come forward and apologize or better yet reply to my PM.

It makes me want to go out of my way to bad mouth every event they sponsor.

Come on J how many times have you started Garbage on here ? I would not worry about a shady organization too much . BF

Jfitalia
04-14-2019, 12:04 PM
Come on J how many times have you started Garbage on here ? I would not worry about a shady organization too much . BF

Haha touche, but they tucked tail ran.

kokefisher
04-14-2019, 05:47 PM
your right they are the worst at managing fish :mad::mad:

Bankie
04-21-2019, 09:56 PM

Wes Ward
Digital Media Editor
Wes@fishsniffer.com

Wes

You stated quote "The Fish Sniffer is a sponsor of an event that is put on by Anglerís Press " end quote. With sponsorship the sponsor (Fish Sniffer) has the right to not sponsor their (Anglerís Press) events if they feel the event is not inline with there companies values and beliefs. As not to bring the sponsors company a bad name with in the fishing community. This is a simple value "Do I believe that this event will benefit my company and keep my company in good standings within the venue we promote?" If I was a sponsor (and yes I have sponsored a handful of individuals for events) this was the first question that came to mind. With that said my second question is this;

Are these your values and beliefs as a company for the fishing community it's OK for individuals to lye an wait in order to pounce on fish the have been drugged for the travel to an event in order to win the prizes your company gives out at a so called "family" event at a low cost derby option to participate in?
If so let me and others know where you stand as this is a question from a fisherman that would not and will not be apart of such a ill run event with no authority figures to prevent this from giving the children a fair chance of a prize from a family event.

Nothing hidden here just straight forward questions of your values as Fish Sniffer a paper that once was without the black eye this gives you as a sponsor!

Bankie out

Jfitalia
04-21-2019, 11:05 PM
Wes

You stated quote "The Fish Sniffer is a sponsor of an event that is put on by Anglerís Press " end quote. With sponsorship the sponsor (Fish Sniffer) has the right to not sponsor their (Anglerís Press) events if they feel the event is not inline with there companies values and beliefs. As not to bring the sponsors company a bad name with in the fishing community. This is a simple value "Do I believe that this event will benefit my company and keep my company in good standings within the venue we promote?" If I was a sponsor (and yes I have sponsored a handful of individuals for events) this was the first question that came to mind. With that said my second question is this;

Are these your values and beliefs as a company for the fishing community it's OK for individuals to lye an wait in order to pounce on fish the have been drugged for the travel to an event in order to win the prizes your company gives out at a so called "family" event at a low cost derby option to participate in?
If so let me and others know where you stand as this is a question from a fisherman that would not and will not be apart of such a ill run event with no authority figures to prevent this from giving the children a fair chance of a prize from a family event.

Nothing hidden here just straight forward questions of your values as Fish Sniffer a paper that once was without the black eye this gives you as a sponsor!

Bankie out

I can't find the "mic drop" emoji. If I could this would get a million of them. Well said.

AnglingWes
04-22-2019, 05:36 AM

Over 30 kid prize packs were awarded at the event, including 2 kayak packages, so Iím not sure how the children were not given a fair chance.

The lake was also planted 4 of the 7 days leading up to the event, so Iím not sure I understand the lying in wait comment.

Itís kind of challenging to feel compelled to engage in any constructive conversation about it with someone who has never attended the events. If you simply want to make me or the Fish Sniffer look bad, why post here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jfitalia
04-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Over 30 kid prize packs were awarded at the event, including 2 kayak packages, so Iím not sure how the children were not given a fair chance.

The lake was also planted 4 of the 7 days leading up to the event, so Iím not sure I understand the lying in wait comment.

Itís kind of challenging to feel compelled to engage in any constructive conversation about it with someone who has never attended the events. If you simply want to make me or the Fish Sniffer look bad, why post here?

I've attended the events so let's talk. Of course prizes were awarded to the kids. There was a kids division so there had to be winners. You (as in the organizers) of course had to give out the prizes because you have to. That doesn't translate into the kids having a fair chance, it just means you did what you were supposed to do. That's like a dad wanting kudos for taking care of his kid, no you did what you're supposed to do. As for the lying in wait comment, hes referring to the mass chaos that occurred the minute the fish were stocked. If it was stocked so heavily prior, than it doesnt need to be stocked during the tournament or should be done prior to opening or it needs to be roped off and enforced.

AnglingWes
04-22-2019, 10:06 AM
Roping off the area when the truck dumps is a good idea.

Iíll pass it on to Anglerís Press.

Jetspray
04-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Roping off the area when the truck dumps is a good idea.

Iíll pass it on to Anglerís Press.

Some of the lakes around here like Davis Lake have permanent signs for not fishing around or on the docks, fines can be levied. I never understood why they would let anyone that close to boat launches in the first place. If you fish from a dock at pyramid it is a $250 fine for each offense. It might be a good thing for revenue for the lake as well to charge to do anything like that when the truck comes in. Just a thought...Ö...Jetspray

fishwrong2
04-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Fish fever is a real thing. Once someone sees fish being caught, or just planted, the primal instinct takes over. ďI need to get mine while there are still some left!!íĒ

No different than Cabbage Patch kid fights on Black Friday, or someone cutting you off in traffic. A step back from the madness will tell you, there are fish other places and those who are frenzied around the back of the truck are there because they donít get to do it very often, and you probably donít want that experience anyway.

Itís also my belief we all do it to some extent, but in different ways. Iím very prone to chasing fishing reports, and after Iíve seen three salmon landed in one part of a hole, I find myself migrating that way without even realizing it. Iíve complained openly about people I felt took more than their fair share. Even fly fishermen who pack into the back country are prone to being tight lipped about ďtheir spotĒ, so that others donít come ďruin itĒ. Want to start a fist fight, hangout at the ramp of a couple of Sierra and Oregon lakes and tell folks youíre going to post a report about the awesome brown fishing. The sentiment is the same, Iím getting mine, and protecting it from them.

My only point (not that itís much of one), is folks should relax and enjoy fishing and what comes with it. If a derby crowd isnít your thing, tell the folks that enjoy it to have fun, and go elsewhere to do yours. I for one enjoy watching the passion and excitement of folks you know donít catch fish all that often. Go to the Sportsmanís Expo and watch the little kids catch trout out of a swimming pool. Thatís an excitement I wish I had every day. Those are the things these types of events do for people and I applaud those who make it happen.

Just my 2 cents.

troutfishin2
04-22-2019, 02:49 PM
Here are facts about my Rancho Seco trout derby experience. I have gone with my two kids each of the last four years. Three and four years ago, both of my kids caught limits of trout on both Saturday and Sunday. That is a total of 40 trout in four days of fishing. That last two years we have caught a total of ZERO fish. Something has changed and because of that, we will not be going back. Many families that I spoke with there had a similar experience to mine.

PapaGreg
04-22-2019, 03:20 PM
I don't go to any tourneys anymore, never have cared for them and it seems some are poorly run. It would be cool to let the kids fish for x-amount of time before the "older" participants are allowed to wet a line, or even have a "kids only" area and make sure that area is heavily planted. Having said that, it's always good just to be out and enjoy nature, just shrug off the mal-contents.

Jfitalia
04-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Here are facts about my Rancho Seco trout derby experience. I have gone with my two kids each of the last four years. Three and four years ago, both of my kids caught limits of trout on both Saturday and Sunday. That is a total of 40 trout in four days of fishing. That last two years we have caught a total of ZERO fish. Something has changed and because of that, we will not be going back. Many families that I spoke with there had a similar experience to mine.

For a lake that was reportedly stocked so much prior to the derby, you would think you'd have caught fish

AnglingWes
04-22-2019, 06:16 PM
For a lake that was reportedly stocked so much prior to the derby, you would think you'd have caught fish

Iím sure you would have caught them had youíd been there.

Jetspray
04-23-2019, 03:51 AM
Kind of reminds me of panning for gold and finding something, if you yell anything swarms of people show up trying to mussel their way into your spot. We have searched rock piles and wash off from high bankers and found materials that blew through because someone was running water too fast in their sluices and throwing off good stuff. It's why the call it "Gold Fever":fishing1::salmon:..Ö.Jetspray

Jfitalia
04-23-2019, 07:35 AM
Iím sure you would have caught them had youíd been there.

Yeah you're probably right, but I dont need my 5 year old getting trampled on by grown adults fighting over fish that were just dumped in. Hahaha

Bankie
04-23-2019, 09:24 PM
Over 30 kid prize packs were awarded at the event, including 2 kayak packages, so I’m not sure how the children were not given a fair chance.

The lake was also planted 4 of the 7 days leading up to the event, so I’m not sure I understand the lying in wait comment.

It’s kind of challenging to feel compelled to engage in any constructive conversation about it with someone who has never attended the events. If you simply want to make me or the Fish Sniffer look bad, why post here?

Wes as a moderator you should be ashamed of yourself for saying Qoute "It’s kind of challenging to feel compelled to engage in any constructive conversation about it with someone who has never attended the events. If you simply want to make me or the Fish Sniffer look bad, why post here?" end Qoute If you were a true columnist you would first get your facts inline before saying such a LIE! as I was there parked 15 feet from where the truck pulled in to dump the fish in my VW Westphalia, off white with a 15 foot canoe on top. After I unloaded I had to move my boat from the launch so the truck could unload the fish. I arrived at 8:13 am and the fish truck was there just before 8:30 am. Front row seat as I loaded up my gear and sat there at my table with a cold water and a snack. As for my values and beliefs, I returned your box of tie downs and other stuff to you in the Costco Parking lot off of hwy 160 that you had left at the Barge Canal and asked for nothing in return. So this only show me that no you are not a fact finder so please keep your comment out of this it will only show you're true bias opinion. This is about the Fish Sniffer's values and beliefs.

So the question stands does the Fish Sniffer and Angler’s Press values run side by side, hand-n-hand with each other?
So far I have shown the type of person I em as in the type that will go out of my way to return to someone unknown to me their personal property without asking for something in return. So Wes are whatcha got to say Now?

Bankie

Jfitalia
04-23-2019, 10:27 PM
Wes as a moderator you should be ashamed of yourself for saying Qoute "Itís kind of challenging to feel compelled to engage in any constructive conversation about it with someone who has never attended the events. If you simply want to make me or the Fish Sniffer look bad, why post here?" end Qoute If you were a true columnist you would first get your facts inline before saying such a LIE! as I was there parked 15 feet from where the truck pulled in to dump the fish in my VW Westphalia, off white with a 15 foot canoe on top. After I unloaded I had to move my boat from the launch so the truck could unload the fish. I arrived at 8:13 am and the fish truck was there just before 8:30 am. Front row seat as I loaded up my gear and sat there at my table with a cold water and a snack. As for my values and beliefs, I returned your box of tie downs and other stuff to you in the Costco Parking lot off of hwy 160 that you had left at the Barge Canal and asked for nothing in return. So this only show me that no you are not a fact finder so please keep your comment out of this it will only show you're true bias opinion. This is about the Fish Sniffer's values and beliefs.

So the question stands does the Fish Sniffer and Anglerís Press values run side by side, hand-n-hand with each other?
So far I have shown the type of person I em as in the type that will go out of my way to return to someone unknown to me their personal property without asking for something in return. So Wes are whatcha got to say Now?

Bankie

Once again very well said. I see anglers press has time to update their Facebook page but cant reply to anything here

AnglersPress
04-23-2019, 11:37 PM
Anglerís Press Outdoors hosts many events throughout northern California, and often times
participants that attend our events have questions, comments and/or concerns.

If you find yourself in this situation, there are five VERY EASY ways to get the answers to ANY questions, comments or concerns you may have. They are:

1. Call 916.768.0938 or email us at anglerspress@Hotmail.com
2. Call 916.768.0938 or email us at anglerspress@Hotmail.com
3. Call 916.768.0938 or email us at anglerspress@Hotmail.com
4. Call 916.768.0938 or email us at anglerspress@Hotmail.com
5. Call 916.768.0938 or email us at anglerspress@Hotmail.com

If you deploy this very simple procedure, you can be assured that any questions, comments, or concerns you may have regarding ANY event we host, will be addressed with you personally and as promptly as possible.

Please note that we use this forum - and others like it, to provide information, NOT communication, as person-to-person communication continues to be our policy and the best choice for us when it comes to clarifying or resolving our participants issues and concerns.

We look forward to seeing you on the water!

Anglerís Press Outdoors

Bankie
04-24-2019, 08:10 AM

Nice picture of the winners Wes, 7 of those winner were fishing no less then 20 feet from my van where the truck dumped the fish. Like the old saying goes a picture is worth a thousand word. LOL

Bankie

Bankie
04-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Nice picture of the winners Wes, 7 of those winner were fishing no less then 20 feet from my van where the truck dumped the fish. Like the old saying goes a picture is worth a thousand word. LOL

Bankie
I'm done as true colors come out in some people.
tight lines Jfitalia

Jfitalia
04-24-2019, 10:10 AM
Anglerís Press Outdoors hosts many events throughout northern California, and often times

If you find yourself in this situation, there are five VERY EASY ways to get the answers to ANY questions, comments or concerns you may have. They are:

If you deploy this very simple procedure, you can be assured that any questions, comments, or concerns you may have regarding ANY event we host, will be addressed with you personally and as promptly as possible.

Please note that we use this forum - and others like it, to provide information, NOT communication, as person-to-person communication continues to be our policy and the best choice for us when it comes to clarifying or resolving our participants issues and concerns.

Anglerís Press Outdoors

Yet you had the balls to come on here and call me liar when in fact I was not. You've refused to respond to my PM or my comment. Dont ever question my integrity

Owlman2
04-24-2019, 01:00 PM

Anglerís Press Outdoors

I don't participate in these sorts of events, so I was staying out of this thread....

But who could think a snide/flippant...bordering on smart-ass....response like this one could possibly have a positive outcome?

Jfitalia
04-24-2019, 01:57 PM

Anglerís Press Outdoors

I just sent you an email, what are the odds you actually reply?

salmonid
04-24-2019, 08:36 PM
Sounds like people are contacting the OP for derby answers and this thread has worn out itís welcome.