PDA

View Full Version : Noodlin' cats

youngtroutanddad
07-11-2004, 08:45 PM
does anyone around here noodle catfish? does anyone know if its legal? does anyone besides me know what noodleing is? ??? ;D

Patrick#44
07-11-2004, 08:56 PM
The show tonight listed 4 states. Maybe Miss, Al, Ok and somewhere else near there. Please post pictures if you do go.

youngtroutanddad
07-11-2004, 10:05 PM
no pictures yet but i have gone... not too lucky with the cats yet but i did get a trout once... its funny that i went fishing today and fooled around noodling and then the show that I saw years ago came on agian.

CatBuster
07-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Noodlin is NOT LEGAL in california.

yes, i know what it is, and yes, ive done it ( used to noodle big cats back in MO and AK wearing a leather glove and using a hay hook)

if you get caught doing it here, its equivelent to poaching deer, and youll get stomped by DFG.

youngtroutanddad
07-13-2004, 07:02 PM
well that shoots down that idea. :-X :-/ ::) thanks tho. i dont see why it isnt...is it more effective than useing a rod and reel? i dont think so... ???

ABUGARCIA209
07-15-2007, 12:55 AM
i got a dvd on this

they noodle alot out in oklahoma in it

FresnoJack
07-15-2007, 09:11 AM

yes, i know what it is, and yes, ive done it ( used to noodle big cats back in MO and AK wearing a leather glove and using a hay hook)

if you get caught doing it here, its equivelent to poaching deer, and youll get stomped by DFG.

OK, no hands, but how about lawn rakes?

A few years ago, I actually saw 2 a**holes 'raking up' spawning steelhead. When I walked back through, DFG had the 2 in handcuffs.

I offered my name and address as a witness, but DFG had them on video.

jeffrm20
07-15-2007, 10:16 AM

OK, no hands, but how about lawn rakes?

A few years ago, I actually saw 2 a**holes 'raking up' spawning steelhead. When I walked back through, DFG had the 2 in handcuffs.

I offered my name and address as a witness, but DFG had them on video.

Wow, some people just aren't too bright. I think if I would have saw this I would have had that rake right against the side of both of their heads....

FresnoJack
07-15-2007, 02:26 PM
[/quote]

Wow, some people just aren't too bright. I think if I would have saw this I would have had that rake right against the side of both of their heads....[/quote]

Too right!

This was stream on the North Coast that had been dead for all intents and purposes.

Volunteer groups had spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours doing stream and habitat improvement - removing trash and debris, building retainers to counter bank erosion. etc.

FishMurderer
07-15-2007, 09:42 PM
ohhh no noodlin... i tried it for catfish at a local park. it fun without the gloves. you just dont know what gonna clamp down on your hand.

where does it say no noodlin in california. i want proof to show the people i know that are noodlin around sacramento

FresnoJack
07-16-2007, 03:02 AM
ohhh no noodlin... i tried it for catfish at a local park. it fun without the gloves. you just dont know what gonna clamp down on your hand.

where does it say no noodlin in california. i want proof to show the people i know that are noodlin around sacramento

Check the regulations under methods of taking fish. If a technique is not listed (and capturing a fish with the hands is not), then it is prohibited.

You might contact a DFG Office for more information. As pointed out these types of violations are taken as serious and involve fines, jail or both.

sethonious
07-16-2007, 08:54 AM
In the very beginning of the regulations section 2.00

"(a) All fish may be taken only by angling with
one closely attended rod and line or one hand
line"

There are additional regulations under each species that you can hand fish for... crawfish and lamprey only

Noodling targets large egg bearing females who are protecting a brood. You take a large brood animal out of the population and all of the young it is protecting will certainly be eaten by other fish. It is an illegal (unsustainable) practice in CA.

garrett_s
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
today thought about grabbing a squaw fish from the river but ended up catching with fishing rod. read about it in sqauw fish

homer
07-17-2007, 08:17 PM
When I was in the Navy I went with my brothern-law. He live in Alabama. When we got to the creek his friends jumped in and started felling around under the banks. They pulled a coulpe of nice fish out of the first hole. We went on down the creek to the next hole and David said it was my turn. I told him I'ld watch one more time. He jumped in and started cussing. His friend told my to stand back it was a big one. David through out the longest snake I've ever seen. I went back to the truck and drank some beer. These people were crazy.

joshc40
07-17-2007, 09:41 PM
wHAT IS NOODLING? ;D never heard of it to be honest with you.

homer
07-17-2007, 10:32 PM
You get into a creek, river, or lake. You fell in holes in the banks, drain pipes or this like that for cat fish. When you fell one you grab his lower lip or put your hand in his mouth and let it bit you. Then you throw it up on the bank or in the boat.