PDA

View Full Version : pmid 4-10

okie
04-10-2019, 06:34 PM
hit the mid today with hooks, we only landed 9, 8 were between 20-24, 1 26" that my neighbor loved.
planning on being out there Friday with ivan, depending on the weather. thanks don for another great
day on the mid.
be safe

Kingsackem
04-11-2019, 04:02 AM
Only 9? Sounds like a good time to me! I知 planing on being out that way tomorrow, with my dad, and my youngest boy. Any pointers?

Jetspray
04-11-2019, 06:58 AM
Only 9? Sounds like a good time to me! I知 planing on being out that way tomorrow, with my dad, and my youngest boy. Any pointers?Any pointers? Just follow the shoreline and if you are trolling try to stay in 30 to 50 ft with an eye on how the big one's are swimming by. Shoreline use good sized spoons or a banana weight with a rapala type lure on a leader, let the weight hit the bottom and jerk, let it drop, jerk all they way back to you. Also do not be afraid to ask anyone what they are using, Crosby's has a ton of gear. Remember be barbless they do ticket those who do not have permits or are barbed......Jetspray

Mrblitzo
04-11-2019, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=Jetspray;1165271]Any pointers? Just follow the shoreline and if you are trolling try to stay in 30 to 50 ft with an eye on how the big one's are swimming by. Shoreline use good sized spoons or a banana weight with a rapala type lure on a leader, let the weight hit the bottom and jerk, let it drop, jerk all they way back to you. Also do not be afraid to ask anyone what they are using, Crosby's has a ton of gear. Remember be barbless they do ticket those who do not have permits or are barbed......Jetspray[ I知 fairly new to the mid (only trolled) but I came up to ladder fish( never fly fished before) but I have a friend that does andk has never been. Here. So I知 setting up my boat at Pelican camp and a gentlemen stops by and Begins to ask me if I知 with a calif. group and when I say no Im new he proceeds to give me a lure that he caught many fish on in the past couple weeks and he says he would like to go out sat with me on my boat. Thanks Okie, Kudos to the sharing of experience and very much look forward to the experience.

Jetspray
04-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Any pointers? I’m fairly new to the mid (only trolled) but I came up to ladder fish( never fly fished before) but I have a friend that does and has never been here. So I’m setting up my boat at Pelican camp and a gentlemen stops by and Begins to ask me if I’m with a calif. group and when I say no I'm new he proceeds to give me a lure that he caught many fish on in the past couple weeks and he says he would like to go out sat with me on my boat. Thanks Okie, Kudos to the sharing of experience and very much look forward to the experience.
If you met Bill he is one to let you know, he goes there a lot. There are a bunch of fellas/gals that fish there regular. Just ask as you walk by. If I were there you would get some of my stuff too. I am at home licking my wounds, but soon it will be better......Jetspray

hooks
04-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Bill's on a roll this year. Catching big fish and such. Glad to see it Bill.

captain kev
04-11-2019, 06:44 PM
MrBlitzo how's the ladder?

Jetspray
04-12-2019, 03:46 AM
MrBlitzo how's the ladder?Hope he is able to use it, there will be a crowd......Jetspray

Slvrsides
04-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Hope he is able to use it, there will be a crowd......Jetspray

No doubt was there last weekend(shoreline trolling)and its shoulder to shoulder..up toward Warrior wasn't as bad but if your shorefishing either get there early or plan on walking some...saw a lot of fish caught from shore..trollers not so much

Jetspray
04-13-2019, 02:38 AM
No doubt was there last weekend(shoreline trolling)and its shoulder to shoulder..up toward Warrior wasn't as bad but if your shorefishing either get there early or plan on walking some...saw a lot of fish caught from shore..trollers not so muchThat is why I have better luck trolling close to shore this time of year, but the rules are the rules and you can't get close to shoreline in most places because of the shore fisher people. When the spawn is on, they are still hunting for food which is closer in as the plant growth returns and there are aquatic life things in that growth. They are also heading for the nets too:mat::Bear_fishes::trout:....Jetspray