PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Pyramid..... a little help please !

RHansen95693
04-21-2019, 10:29 AM
I have family coming out from Colo. next weekend and we're making a Pyramid run. This is only my 2nd trip to the lake so any tips on trolling depth, lures and areas would be appreciated.... the pressure is on!!!

burninfuel
04-21-2019, 11:20 AM
https://www.crosbylodge.net/fishing-techniques :feiertag-smiley-005

burninfuel
04-21-2019, 11:21 AM
https://www.crosbylodge.net/fishing-techniques :feiertag-smiley-005

Pyramid 12/3 - 12/ 6
Did not get lucky with the weather this year
on my annual week trip to the lake . We had
wind every day . Early in the week the high
in the 30s & low in teens & lower with the wind
only fished half days . We were in a 14 car topper
well did get a few nice fish 10.5 lbs two 7 lbs for a
total of 18 fish total for 4 half days . Trolling 1 to 1.5
oz weight . Spoons , flatfish , plugs . Darker colors
there was overcast most of our day . Try again in feb .
having problems with pictures . Go get um i left plenty.
released all .

Jetspray
04-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Have not been up there in a while, hope you have a good trip. Call Crosby's ahead to see how things are. Here is a way to see the wind as it is.....Jetspray

https://wind.willyweather.com/nv/washoe-county/pyramid-lake.html

Jetspray
04-21-2019, 07:24 PM
I have family coming out from Colo. next weekend and we're making a Pyramid run. This is only my 2nd trip to the lake so any tips on trolling depth, lures and areas would be appreciated.... the pressure is on!!!Main thing is to look at the other posts on Pyramid. The guys who fish there regular are showing the things they are using and how deep or at what speed. Following the path to the nets and spawn area is what most of the fish follow. Also when fishing deep and not keeping the fish, you will not be able to get them back down. I usually fish along the shore and stay at the same depth, others like to drag the bottom but that is only good in some areas as the tuffa will snag a DR ball in a hurry.....Jetspray

Slvrsides
04-22-2019, 05:04 PM
We were up there a couple weeks ago..fishing a little tough for trollers right now as fish appear to only be interested in spawning(not sure how long that typically lasts)and not feeding, though those fishing from the bank or their ladders seemed to do well...the vast majority of fish seemed to be up close to shore (there were hundreds of fish right on the bank at the boat launch)and the 250' restriction from shore fisherman will keep you away from the best of the action as it was shoulder to shoulder along much of the western shore..we did pick up a few fish trolling Lymans and spoons but nothing like our last trip there in October..my advise would be to hug the shoreline as close as possible without disrupting shore anglers and troll near the bottom...once the spawn ends things should return to a more regular pattern of finding groups of fish holding at similar depths and should be easier to target(they should be plenty hungry by then as well)..good luck and give us a report after your trip!!

Jetspray
04-22-2019, 05:44 PM
The bottom growth is on, as well as the aquatic stuff in it, that's why bottom bouncing works until the growth gets too big. There are bottom dwellers that the big one's like to eat, that is why cop car color works (black & white) because it matches those fish. The trick is to work the shoreline around Warrior Point (the mushroom) and head back towards Pelican doing the best not to hook the bottom. BTW the fish actually come in from the deep, and do that in stages to adjust their bladders......Jetspray

OYD
04-23-2019, 07:47 AM
If your boat is large enough, head over to the eastern side to fish this time of year. Many of the fish on the western side are in the spawning mode and the bite is iffy but those fish on the east side are still in the chow down mode so the bite will be best over there.
Good luck.

Jetspray
04-23-2019, 09:21 AM
If your boat is large enough, head over to the eastern side to fish this time of year. Many of the fish on the western side are in the spawning mode and the bite is iffy but those fish on the east side are still in the chow down mode so the bite will be best over there.
Good luck.I have seen folks fly fish from a boat north of the Pyramid on that side, due to the fact that it is off limits by the tribe to vehicles and you can't beach your boat either. The Kitchen area is very productive for sure......Jetspray