PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake 4/25

Snifferman
04-26-2019, 09:51 AM
Fished Collins on Thursday. Arrived at 6:30 and had to wait for them to unlock the doors! On the water by 7 and the lake was still extremely dirty! I thought it would have been much clearer? Visibility about 3 feet, water temp 68 degrees and went up to 71 by mid day. Tried our usual spoons, rapalas and Taz devils to no avail. Finally decided to try the old standby watermelon Apex -- put it behind a UV sling blade and the bite came on. We landed 17 Fat rainbows to 3.8 pounds. The 3.8 pounder was only 18 1/2 inches long. Fish were at 20 feet early, and then dropped down to 42 feet later in the day. Most of our fish were caught out in the middle of the main lake in 100 feet of water. I was pleasantly surprised we caught that many trout with the water so dirty -- there must be a ton of fish in there. All of the ones we caught were very fat and fiesty -- I wish I could save some of them for the Shasta Derby next weekend.

Jfitalia
04-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Fished Collins on Thursday. Arrived at 6:30 and had to wait for them to unlock the doors! On the water by 7 and the lake was still extremely dirty! I thought it would have been much clearer? Visibility about 3 feet, water temp 68 degrees and went up to 71 by mid day. Tried our usual spoons, rapalas and Taz devils to no avail. Finally decided to try the old standby watermelon Apex -- put it behind a UV sling blade and the bite came on. We landed 17 Fat rainbows to 3.8 pounds. The 3.8 pounder was only 18 1/2 inches long. Fish were at 20 feet early, and then dropped down to 42 feet later in the day. Most of our fish were caught out in the middle of the main lake in 100 feet of water. I was pleasantly surprised we caught that many trout with the water so dirty -- there must be a ton of fish in there. All of the ones we caught were very fat and fiesty -- I wish I could save some of them for the Shasta Derby next weekend.

I was out there as well and that water is very clear compared to the last month or two. I could see down 10ft in some areas. We only trolled from 7 to 10, landed a few and then went for bass.