PDA

View Full Version : Stockerfest 2019

Captain Compassion
05-12-2019, 11:19 AM
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/SF.jpg

Stockerfest is where we celebrate the efforts of state and local fish stocking operations that keep our lakes and streams filled with fish. As usual Stockerfest is the week before Memorial Day weekend. This year my participation will be limited due to eye surgery scheduled for 5/21. For those of you who find yourselves in Alpine County May 20 - 24 There should be good fishing. Although the rivers are high Alpine County will stock bonus trout on the West Carson in the slower areas in Hope Velley. Some of these trout will have $25, $50, $75 tags. Another good place to fish would be ICR. There is a CDFW stock scheduled the week of the 12th and there may be some County trout around as well. The Campground and day use area are open. Red and Caples lakes may be at or near ice out. There will be no access to Blue Lakes due to snow. Come up and fish. Report if you do.

CC

cutbow_master
05-13-2019, 11:16 AM
Upper Blue is closed for dam repairs. Closed all summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fish-on
05-14-2019, 01:12 PM
I know that bridge.!! Im planning a trip to the Walker the first week of July. Will probably be a little busy with the holiday weekend. Will start at the bridge and work my way down river and stop for a burger in Walker on my way back to Gardnerville.

Nevadablue
05-14-2019, 02:32 PM
I look forward to hearing your report from "Stockerfest"

Captain Compassion
05-14-2019, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=cutbow_master;1166484]Upper Blue is closed for dam repairs. Closed all summer.

Wow. Thanks for the info.

CC

Captain Compassion
05-14-2019, 07:26 PM
I know that bridge.!! Im planning a trip to the Walker the first week of July. Will probably be a little busy with the holiday weekend. Will start at the bridge and work my way down river and stop for a burger in Walker on my way back to Gardnerville.

That bridge in the photo is on the West Carson. July is a good month for the W. Walker water flows permitting. The bridge you mentioned on the WW is always my starting place. Hopefully I'll get something for the How Big is Big derby.

CC

Captain Compassion
05-14-2019, 07:28 PM
I look forward to hearing your report from "Stockerfest"

Sorry Tony. Eye surgery has canceled Stockerfrst for me this year. :cry:

CC

Jetspray
05-14-2019, 08:08 PM
Sorry Tony. Eye surgery has canceled Stockerfrst for me this year. :cry:

CCI will see what the doc says about my hip Friday. I have trouble just getting around the house, no yard work for me, Sonia is doing that....Jetspray

Nevadablue
05-15-2019, 04:05 AM
I will see what the doc says about my hip Friday. I have trouble just getting around the house, no yard work for me, Sonia is doing that....Jetspray
Well here's hoping the both of you get healthy enough to rip some lips soon!

Jetspray
05-15-2019, 04:11 AM
Well here's hoping the both of you get healthy enough to rip some lips soon!Thanks Tony, Richard will be on the prowl before I will. I had hip surgery in 1996 and beginning to end it was close to 6 months all together. I know it is faster today, but it will still take time. So go out there and get those fish.:thumbup:.....Jetspray

Mr Ed
05-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Getting old is the pits.....................

but new parts can really get your motor going after the break in period.

You two get it done and get healed up........... times a wasting!!

We ain't getting any younger.
Stop messing around and get into the friggin boat...........................:cheerleader::cheer leader:

Jetspray
05-21-2019, 03:32 AM
Getting old is the pits.....................

but new parts can really get your motor going after the break in period.

You two get it done and get healed up........... times a wasting!!

We ain't getting any younger.
Stop messing around and get into the friggin boat...........................:cheerleader::cheer leader:Well so far it looks like I will get a needle job on the hip on the 29th, we'll see then. I am sure there will be issues with the boat cause I have not touched it since OCT 2018. So far shore fishing is as much as I have been able to do. Medical issues aside mechanical things will be the key.:starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::starrolling5e z::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::action-smiley-035:....Jetspray

Mr Ed
05-21-2019, 01:29 PM
One thing that I liked at one place.............
was the addition to a galvi handrail on the dock to help the handicapped into a boat.

It's a start..........