PDA

View Full Version : Lake suggestion for kids

Fish-on
05-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Want to head up towards Auburn or Grass valley and get the kids on some fish. Any suggestions? Pretty much needs to be accessible by car because I have small ones. Don’t mind walking around the lake a bit to find fish. Basically looking for an easy location that is stocked.

My go to used to be Pinecrest but I moved out of the area and need to find a few new lakes to take kids (ages 4-7)

Plug-n-Jug
05-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Want to head up towards Auburn or Grass valley and get the kids on some fish. Any suggestions? Pretty much needs to be accessible by car because I have small ones. Don’t mind walking around the lake a bit to find fish. Basically looking for an easy location that is stocked.

My go to used to be Pinecrest but I moved out of the area and need to find a few new lakes to take kids (ages 4-7)

Try Collins lake. Its just north of Marysville. Great place for little ones. They have a playground and Killer ice cream. try fishing off of the swim beach with power bait.

Fish-on
05-14-2019, 04:23 PM
Been to Collins 2 times and the only thing I ever “caught” was ice cream...hahahahaha

heard a lot of goood things from there but mostly from the guys on boats

Jfitalia
05-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Been to Collins 2 times and the only thing I ever “caught” was ice cream...hahahahaha

heard a lot of goood things from there but mostly from the guys on boats

Shore guys are doing well with weekly plants. Better luck catching trout there than any other lake from shore up in that general area

crawdaddundee
05-15-2019, 01:51 AM
https://www.edcgov.us/Government/FishGame/Documents/Lake%20Waldon%20Save%20the%20date.pdf Great fun for the kids It's put on by the US Forest service and its free. You can call them in Georgetown and they will give all the details

LD
05-15-2019, 08:17 AM
G-town Ranger 530-333-4312
Good luck and hope the kids have a great time!
Pretty sure you can get ice cream at Worton's market. :happy: