PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Nevada mule deer draw results.

hooks
05-25-2019, 07:58 AM
​UNSUCCESSFUL.......:dispirited: .

LineStretcher
05-25-2019, 08:05 AM
Don, I just bought points this year. I saw the quotas for the Ruby's and White Pine county (areas I know and like) and they were so low because of the fires and tough winter with no feed that I figure it will be a while before it comes back. I have a subscription to GoHunt.com that is invaluable. I can use it to figure out my odds of getting a tag and it's very accurate. This year my odds were less than 1 pct with 2 points. Maybe I'll go to Cabela's and get one of the full sized animal targets to provide a little relief. The only problem with those is that they're hard to gut and skin and the back straps taste really weird.. LOL..

burninfuel
05-25-2019, 09:50 AM
Unsucessfull

hooks
05-25-2019, 10:05 AM
Don, I just bought points this year. I saw the quotas for the Ruby's and White Pine county (areas I know and like) and they were so low because of the fires and tough winter with no feed that I figure it will be a while before it comes back. I have a subscription to GoHunt.com that is invaluable. I can use it to figure out my odds of getting a tag and it's very accurate. This year my odds were less than 1 pct with 2 points. Maybe I'll go to Cabela's and get one of the full sized animal targets to provide a little relief. The only problem with those is that they're hard to gut and skin and the back straps taste really weird.. LOL..

LOL

I now have 5 points including this years draw.

LineStretcher
05-25-2019, 12:36 PM
LOL

I now have 5 points including this years draw.

Go Hunt has a really good explanation about how the points work. They are like gold with each point being 100 entries in the lottery. In Nevada you can hunt a zone and it's 10 surrounding zones. If you find a zone with high quotas but actually want to hunt an adjacent zone then double check the zones that the high quota zone includes and if your zone is included then put in for the high quota zone and go hunt the zone you really want to hunt. It's a little tricky but if you can figure it out you can increase your odds. It sort of like going to the Atlantis or GSR. The biggest problem with our system is that non-res almost always get better odds than res because of the added tourism revenue. They say that's not true but it has to be or we'd all get tags and the non-res would be unsuccessful.

parker1860
05-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Unsuccessful......now sitting at 5 points also!

burninfuel
05-25-2019, 04:55 PM
Years ago 255,000 applicants for less than 10,000 tags and we all donated $33 each.
$ 8,085,000 income to NDOW.
What is it now ?
online fee $3
Coyote control $3
additional cow elk application for your Antlered mule deer $10

LineStretcher
05-25-2019, 06:30 PM
Years ago 255,000 applicants for less than 10,000 tags and we all donated $33 each.
$ 8,085,000 income to NDOW.
What is it now ?
online fee $3
Coyote control $3
additional cow elk application for your Antlered mule deer $10

Coyote Control??? Yotes are unprotected and you don't even need a hunting license to shoot the *******s. If you keep the fur you need a trappers permit. I shoot them on the BLM land behind my house every chance I get. I don't even count them anymore.

Spinner
05-26-2019, 01:03 PM
I did draw a local ant. tag but I agree, this system is not as we are being told! How can one person "randomly" draw multible tags, on a regular basis! When others can't for years. NOT RANDOM. I watch when another family I know draws, I Don't. When I do, they don't. Been happening for years, thought there might be a change with privatizing the draw, but the same patterns still exist, and now NDOW doesn't claim to have any responsibility. Also the increased fees.... someone has to pay for privatizing, while less NDOW people actually work!

LineStretcher
05-26-2019, 05:15 PM
I wonder if the odds are better with a group hunt. I'll check gohunt.com and see. They should have the results stats compiled by now.