PDA

View Full Version : pmid today

okie
06-18-2019, 04:02 PM
hit the mid with don, I think we landed about 24 or so, most were between 20-24,
several over 24 but only kept 1 for neighbor. the bite was on along pelican and separator.
had a couple of problems, but overall it was a fun day, we even laughed about the
trubs we had. thanks don for a wonderful day on the water, can hardly wait to do it again.
be safe

Mr Ed
06-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Nice seeing you two out there on the water today.
Mighty fine stringer of fish you showed us......big and FAT !!

We gave it a shot also but the bite is slowing up a little but still a fun day.
I was trying out the pink lady and deep six plus new never tried lures and set ups
so I did not get as many bites.........as expected.
Nice to be able to cross off a lot of " Cudda's" that I thought might work.
Just too much pull with those plastics at 2.4 mph unless you have a heavy salt water rod set up.

I will stick with banana weights or my gosh.......... the dreaded D/R .

Ah by the way............
you guys were trolling so slow............................
you were not using bait were you??!! :yahoo::yahoo:

hooks
06-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Nice seeing you two out there on the water today.
Mighty fine stringer of fish you showed us......big and FAT !!

We gave it a shot also but the bite is slowing up a little but still a fun day.
I was trying out the pink lady and deep six plus new never tried lures and set ups
so I did not get as many bites.........as expected.
Nice to be able to cross off a lot of " Cudda's" that I thought might work.
Just too much pull with those plastics at 2.4 mph unless you have a heavy salt water rod set up.

I will stick with banana weights or my gosh.......... the dreaded D/R .

Ah by the way............
you guys were trolling so slow............................
you were not using bait were you??!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Naw...It's a revived technique I was trying out that I used on Tahoe. We let out our lines and Bill gets a backlash, twice. I stopped the boat and untangled the bird nest with my lead core out and my lure floating off the bottom. As soon as I started trolling again, a 26" cutt hit my lure, a 4.5" mag lip.

So ya, stop let the lure float up and suspend, then start trolling. Stop and go.

The bird nest came right after I cut Bill's line and I stopped the boat with my line out so I could unwind the lead core off my prop and retie Bill's leader. He only lost about 6' of lead core and the leader and lure was wrapped around my Prop. I didn't get a hit that time.

Good talking to you two out there. Was that OYD fishing with you?