PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Limit Today (6-28)

Ldubs
06-28-2019, 06:23 PM
The slump is finally over! Iíve only been to Pardee once before and that was a couple of years ago I think. I decided to go there this morning and turns out I made a good decision. Unfortunately, even though owned by the same water company, my season pass from Camanche was not transferable so I had to cough up the fees. No senior discount either unless you buy the season pass. Well, at least I tried. Haha

Anyway, it was a beautiful day in the mid 70ís. I donít know what is normal for a Friday, but seemed like a fair number of boats out. I managed 5 in the boat by 10:30 am. Silver Needlefish worked for me today. Might have had a limit earlier but decided to troll a little way up the canyon arm just for the scenery.

Trickytrucker
06-28-2019, 06:40 PM
How deep were the fish today?

Curmudgeon
06-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Nice work! How deep were you finding those bad boys?

Ldubs
06-28-2019, 06:57 PM
DR release at 12' OTW. Was talking to a guy at the fish cleaning station. Says he got theirs at 20'.

At one point I was enjoying the scenery and saw a fish come up out of the water about 125' behind the boat. Pretty neat. Even neater when I realized it was trying to shake my hook! Mrs Ldubs says sometimes my attention wanders. Haha.

Stickman
06-28-2019, 08:57 PM
DR release at 12' OTW. Was talking to a guy at the fish cleaning station. Says he got theirs at 20'.

At one point I was enjoying the scenery and saw a fish come up out of the water about 125' behind the boat. Pretty neat. Even neater when I realized it was trying to shake my hook! Mrs Ldubs says sometimes my attention wanders. Haha.

Great report, sir! Thanks for posting. A "wandering mind" is a term that usually carries a negative connotation - like not paying attention to the work at hand- but in the context of your day at Pardee, it is indicative of a man who is living in the moment - where taking in the beauty of the day and the setting has pushed out all of the rush and clutter from daily obligations, so much so that the rising fish behind your boat is fun to behold even before you realize that it is on your own rod! I give you high marks for being able to take the full measure of your break on the water today. As much as I have always loved fishing, it took me most of my 65 years to learn how to do that. Here's to many, many more such days!

stefanoflo
06-28-2019, 09:49 PM
have plenty of lemons and enjoy!!!!

Koke Machine83
06-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Ldubs: Nothing Wrong with taken in the Sites and Enjoying the Day!!! Hey Everyone: Remember: Catching is just a Bonus!!! Congrats on your Awesome Day!!! Robbie

Mr Ed
06-30-2019, 07:24 PM
Now those are some nice size trout with some weight to them....... well done.

You got to love it when you finally notice that a fish jumping behind the boat, is..............
connected to tour boat !!
Been there, done that.

In these later years, all I ask is that I get the boat back to the trailer.................. :banana: