PDA

View Full Version : Any good places to fish near Lake County Ca?

StacyBethel
06-30-2019, 12:44 PM
We live on Clear Lake, where bass abound but I am looking for a place to take the kids fishing where we can catch some trout, and I can teach them to clean and eat their fish.

dsa2780
06-30-2019, 01:02 PM
We live on Clear Lake, where bass abound but I am looking for a place to take the kids fishing where we can catch some trout, and I can teach them to clean and eat their fish.

Blue lake, if I'm not mistaken, is stocked during certain times of year.

KonoctiBaitShack
08-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Blue Lakes, Talmage, Mill creek come to mind. In Clear Lake many other fish are also abundant and tasty. But if fun is what you're after go get a channel cat or a carp. Yeehaaa.

Today just lost a lunker cat I caught on some new punch bait we've been trying out. Had the thing at the water's edge, reached down to pull the hook and the whole catch and release thing took care of itself. I would have loved to have that photo, it was significantly bigger than this sunset fish on liver.

Waterdog
08-31-2019, 02:45 PM
Check out Indian Valley Res. Head east on highway 20 until you find Walker Ridge Rd. On the left. Take Walker Ridge (a kind of rough dirt road but you donít need 4wd). Due to ruts in the road youíd be better off in a truck with more ground clearance than a car. Takes about 30 minutes or so to get to the lake. Itís primitive, no facilities. Havenít been there for a few years but it use to be good fishing for trout, Kokes, bass and catfish.
Theres also blue lakes and lake Mendocino

Also besides bass fishing Clear lake abounds with catfish. Iíve caught lot of catfish there.

Do do you have a boat or are you shore fishing?

TomatoTom
09-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Could you explain a bit better about blue lakes and lake Mendocino? I'd like to take the kids to blue, was considering renting a boat, and I'm curious if certain times of year are better than others. Also could you explain lake Mendocino rules? Post fire, what's open and what's not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Lil35caM
09-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Some good recommendations out there. Thanks, guys for sharing as I'm also looking to visit this area in spring.