PDA

View Full Version : French Meadows and Gerle Creek1

Old_Man
08-11-2019, 11:22 AM
I know a lot about French Meadows from reports and videos, but there is precious little about fishing Gerle Creek.

Next week I'm hitting French Meadows for three days, starting Thursday, with a bunch of Rapalas, Kastmasters (both Acme and other brands), Daiwa ultralight tackle (40-year Daiwa user), a couple Flicker Spinners (GREAT for early-mid-season topline trolling for trout) and some night crawlers and marshmallows to use for an on-shore bait rig when I start meat hunting. If I catch a meal-size trout, I'll keep one for dinner that evening. Will have Zatarains blackening spice and will have blackened trout with vegetables for supper. All other caught fish will never leave the water. Hawgs will be released.

Most fish I catch in French Meadows will be released from barbless hooks, and will not leave the water for more than 10 seconds. Photos of released fish will be of them in the net, taken by my GoPro.

Same, really, in Gerle Creek. The only chance I have of taking a limit home is to catch them on my last day, so the ice I buy at Ice House won't go to waste.

Anyone in the area who wants to join me, I'll have a green Cumberland float tube. It's why I've scheduled more time at Gerle Creek, it's a real float-tube lake. Small without the kind of winds that blow float-tubers to the end of the lake, and lots of protected areas.

I'll be at French Meadows from late morning to early afternoon Thursday, to early afternoon Sunday, then I'll make my way to Gerle Creek for the next four-to-five days. I'll be in a red S10. Name is Pete.