PDA

View Full Version : Local rod repair (Fresno area)

Troutinator
10-26-2019, 04:45 PM
I'm just throwing this out here at my wife's request. We learned basic rod building and repair while members of a Central Valley fly fishing club many years ago and now she's just eager to continue making rods (we have enough ourselves) but she's been getting several calls from local Bass Club members because she fixed several Dobbins bass rods from a friend's inventory of rods. Mostly just replacing a guide here and there on $400 rods. It's a little time consuming and her costs are so low (just loves doing it more as a hobby anyways) that my friend's fellow bass club members contact her whenever they need a guide replaced. So, just throwing it out there if you are in the Fresno/Hanford area and you need a guide replaced. (she actually ordered business cards because the bass guys were asking if she actually had any cards. She's a retired USN sailor and now teaches 6th grade but always finds the time for fixing rods.

Snowtrout
10-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Good to know and please post her info for people to utilize in this area. Finding people to fix or build rods around Fresno has become difficult since the gentlemen out of Pine Flat is no longer doing it. There is another person out of Madera Ranchos who just started fixing rods again after being out of the business for a few years.

Troutinator
10-27-2019, 05:16 PM
Good to know and please post her info for people to utilize in this area. Finding people to fix or build rods around Fresno has become difficult since the gentlemen out of Pine Flat is no longer doing it. There is another person out of Madera Ranchos who just started fixing rods again after being out of the business for a few years.

I know we seem to always break our own guides here and there (I actually broke a guide on a new 9' trolling rod yesterday) so in a couple of days, fixed. She wouldn't take money from our fishing buddy, but he always offered her a bottle of wine for each repair and she just couldn't say no to that. Time consumption of carefully removing the old wrap, cleaning the area, placing the guide, wrapping and applying 2 part epoxy, twice. So, maybe she can help out a member or two from the forum that live in the area.