PDA

View Full Version : 8 Mile Rd - Stockton

b.spoken4
06-22-2006, 12:19 AM
New to the board! Actually - not completely new, but it's been a couple of years *;). *I relocated from northern California to southern California, but am now moving back to nor Cal and can't wait to start fishing again! *One of my old favorites was fishing for catfish late at night out at the slough off of 8 Mile Road in Stockton. *Has anybody fished it yet this year? *How's it look?

Fish_R_Us
06-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Remember Uncle Bobbies Marina? We use to go there during the 80's. I was inquiring if the marina was still there. I remember you had to cross thru a drawbridge to get to 8 Mile slough. I forgot what the first slough was called. I can recall fond memories of crusing downtown nights in Lodi with our hotrod cars and then waterskiing during the day.

keciga1
06-22-2006, 11:57 PM
I fished it from the shore about a month ago durring the day. It was really windy and lots of garbage, broken glass and rusty hooks all over the place. Did manage to catch two undersize stripers and that was it. I fished the right side before you cross the bridge, the opposite side of the marina.

nhbfishin
06-23-2006, 10:17 AM
I store my boat at paradise point marina. which is the fist bridge on 8 mile road heading west from hwy 5. I have always caught fish there off the bank on the marina side. Last time I caught a couple 4 pond cats on livers. and about 12 dinker strips. The fish are alway there you just have to weed out the babies to get to the decent size fish. Also try some topwater luers up and down the bank for bass.