PlugROCKSTAR
06-06-2006, 07:45 PM
eeeewww [smiley=sonar.gif]

SturgeonHunter_420
06-06-2006, 08:01 PM
thanks c-lo :D

Know_Excuses
06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey Josh I have used it along side anothe stink bait and they both performed about the same.No real big difference.

SturgeonHunter_420
06-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Right on Mike thanks. How would you compare it to cut bait? (sardine, chovies, mackerel)

PlugROCKSTAR
06-06-2006, 08:55 PM
get (2) jars.

Step 1: Remove Lid.
Step 2: Do it when Stomper [smiley=stomper.gif] is not looking or when his a lil' Wobbly.
Step 3: Find a good Spot and hide it inside Stompers ner Truck.
Step 4: If he ask's, tell him i had nothing to do with it. Tell him it was Know_Excuses idea or sunracer's. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

fishn4me
06-07-2006, 07:06 AM
LOL thats good. We used the stuff and my brother inlaw used it with his hands as we were using a stick. The worst part was we were in a brand new truck. He had to keep his hands on his lap the entire way home. We have better luck on cut bait.

deltalover
06-07-2006, 11:15 AM
http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/5417/philcat18vd.jpg
Last friday in the Lodi area, myself and two buddies caugh over 50 catfish. I caught 5 in the 8 pound range. All were caught on Junnies "Wicked Sticky" and G.S. dipbait! I have tried catfish dynamite as well, and it does not even come close to these other two!
I get mine from http://www.catfishconnection.com
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/1074/chestful1rs5by.jpg

Know_Excuses
06-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Right on Mike thanks. How would you compare it to cut bait? (sardine, chovies, mackerel)

This is just my experience,but i find that you dont have to wait as long with stink bait for cats.I am definatly gonna try what deltalover is using ;D ;D

yakky
06-08-2006, 07:24 AM
I just used it on Memorial Day in the south Delta. We went through a whole tub. We caught mainly channle cats averaging about 2 lbs. It was out-fishing clams and anchovies which was a surprise to me.

deltalover
06-08-2006, 07:36 AM
The way I see it, is that cut baits, live baits and liver work best in early morning and evenings, but when that water is warm from the heat of the day, the good dipbaits are hard to beat! Same reason dip baits dont work well in the colder month's, I suppose.
Imho.

bentrod
06-08-2006, 09:29 AM
It works good in the wind - the bait desinagrates and acts as a chum. the fish follow the sent to your presintation, or I like to make 3 casts. The first from right to left, let it sink to the bottom and reel in. Move your boat or walk up bank about 30 feet and cast from left to right sink and reel. What you just did is creat an "X". Then i cast in the middle of the "X" and wait. All the sent trails lead to your bait. I still think night crawlers are the best catfish bait. Worms, liver,and dyn soaking at the same time. The 30#er took the worm - the smaller fish took the other stuff.

dadams
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM
quick question, for the dip baits like Junnies and GS, do you use the standard dip bait hook with sponge? never tried a dipbait only cutbait.
any advice would be appreciated.

deltalover
06-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I use the tube with out the sponge! The ones from walmart with a sponge and net like thing, I push the sponge up inside! When I had used the sponge, I noticed it always came back clean while the dip bait styuck to everything else. I guess the sponges is suppose to release the scent! I am pretty new to dip baits and keep expiermenting! I am pretty amazed how well they work. Been several trips, the fish would bite all day long!

SturgeonHunter_420
06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
I just used it on Memorial Day in the south Delta. *We went through a whole tub. *We caught mainly channle cats averaging about 2 lbs. *It was out-fishing clams and anchovies which was a surprise to me. *

Hey yakky, when you say "the south Delta", what area (in general) are you refering to? I want to get some cat action too :'(

catstallker
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Dip baits and punch baits are different. Dips, such as Junnies, Sonny's, Premo and Hog wild for example, require a tube of some kind and it is pretty messy. I use em. Now my favorites are the punch baits like Danny kings (DK's) Old #7 and other that are cheese like dough baits that you can actually touch with your fingers without a hazmat suit on ;) All you need is a trebble hook and your set.
http://dannykingbait.com/

Check em out. They work.

STURGEONSTOMPER
06-09-2006, 05:11 AM
get (2) jars.

Step 1: Remove Lid.
Step 2: Do it when Stomper [smiley=stomper.gif] is not looking or when his a lil' Wobbly.
Step 3: Find a good Spot and hide it inside Stompers ner Truck.
Step 4: If he ask's, tell him i had nothing to do with it. Tell him it was Know_Excuses idea or sunracer's. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Thats it...Im comin over with a five pound bag of dines and Ill stash one in every nook and cranny in the garage of yours and see how much longer youll be able to fish [smiley=stomper.gif]

*Deltadog*
06-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Hey 420, Try out Beaver Slough.
Dog

yakky
06-09-2006, 07:43 AM
sturgeon hunter- Grant line and the area around coney island.

dadams- when I was first introduced to stink bait years ago the Okies that showed me only used the sponge/treble hook that they made themsleves. It worked great and the stink bait they would order from Oklahoma kicked @#$. I have no idea which kind it was. Ive been using the diffrent type of dip worms lately- surgical tubing worm with the holes has worked best for me. It holds a lot of bait and the hook set is better than the solid plastic/ribbed worms.

Katch
06-17-2006, 03:12 PM
The best rig to use for dip baits (at least according to anyone that has ever used them) is a Looper's rig. I just ordered these recently and haven't had a chance to use them yet, but everyone I have heard from said these are hands down the best...

http://www.loopersrigs.com/main.html