PDA

View Full Version : Port of Sacramento

Katch
06-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry for the late post...went out on Monday the 29th (mistake going on a holiday)...found a spot about 10 am...was trying for catfish, but no takers, though a couple bites seemed like it early on, slow at first and then couldn't stop the striper bite as it got close to the bottom of low tide (sorry, I know this is the wrong board, but I was trying for catfish :) ...All shakers unfortunately, but probably caught 20 stripers up to about 17" on anchovies and surprisingly the chicken liver too...out by 1:30 pm.

AllFishNoWork
06-04-2006, 03:39 PM
surprisingly the chicken liver too...

last time I was there, the shakers loved the liver. They were on it the minute it hit the water.

Katch
06-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Any guess on what the catfish would bite, but that the stripers wouldn't? That is probably only the second time anywhere that I've used chicken liver and had that problem...the stripers were hitting nightcrawlers when I was there a few weeks ago too...go figure

EgoBassBrain
06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
You can always try stink baits... or something dunked in the stinkbait. That catfish dynamite works pretty good. I havent used it out there but this guy had a pretty hefty stringer using a wad of toilet paper dunked in that stuff.