PDA

View Full Version : Port of Sac 5/6

fishn4me
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Went to the Port yesterday fished almost all day caught a nice 4# cat on anchovie. Couldn't get a picture he wouldn't hold still long enough to take one on my camera phone. Then I ended up going out again last night about 9:30-3am with my brother in-law and he caught a 2# cat on a sardine. While we were there about 12am a white ford suv pulls up unmarked and DFG warden turns his lights on us and checks our licenses and made sure we had our river stamps. While he was checking my truck and stuff, I told him I was glad to see him out there patroling. Little bit later we moved down the way and saw him busting a couple of guys without licenses. Its good to see DFG patroling at all hours of the day. ;D

mrs._fish
05-07-2006, 01:06 PM
WHY DO THEY CHECK YOUR TRUCK?WHAT DO THEY CHECK? THIS IS A REAL QUESTION. I'VE BEEN CHECKED OUT BY DFG AND SHERIFF AND ALL THEY EVER DID WAS LOOK AT MY LICENSE/CDL. ARE YOU GUYS BEING CHECKED OUT SO WELL 'CAUSE YOU'RE WILD LOOKIN DUDES!? ;) ;D

fishn4me
05-07-2006, 02:25 PM
All he did is look in the bed and inside with his flashlight probably to see it we had anything that we weren't supposed too. He didn't check under anything, or in my tackle boxes. He seemed like a nice guy and didn't hastle us in any way.

Know_Excuses
05-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I was coming home from arrow head harbor today and saw dfg pulling up on a guy fishing one of the creeks that supply the farmers.I didnt even see the fishermans truck till i passed them,it kind of looked like he was trying to hide it.I hope for his sake he had everyhting in order.I have been boarded twice in verona by the sherrifs on my old boat.They looked around but didnt go digging through my stuff or anything.Once was to measure a sturgeon and the other time was because the cop said he wanted to see what the inside of the cabin on my boat looked like.Both times the cops were pleasant and came and left with no problems ;DAlthough I have seen them hand out tickets like they were candy for boats not having enough life jackets,and other safty gear ie fire extinguishers (sp?) flags or flares, horns or whistles, stuff like that.

fishn4me
05-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey, I have nothing to hide if it makes them feel better searching my truck or stuff no problem. I know my rights and know how difficult a job our law enforcement has and anything that I can do to help them out the better. Like I said I was happy to see this guy patroling lastnight. I hope the fools who don't play by the rules pay >:( They have the most negative effects on our sport and on our society.

mrs._fish
05-08-2006, 02:58 AM
THANKS FOR THE INFO.
YOU KNOW, IT SEEMS LIKE EVERY TIME I'VE BEEN BANK FISHING,ONLY 1 OUT OF 6 OR 7 PEOPLE I SEE HAVE A LICENSE SHOWING. I'M NO SAINT BY A LONG SHOT BUT IT FLAT BURNS MY BUTT THAT THESE PEOPLE GET BY WITH IT! I PAY MY FEES,TRY TO CLEAN-UP WHERE I GO AND ABIDE BY THE LAW. IF I EVEN FORGOT MY TAGS AND TRIED TO FISH,I BELIEVE THAT THE "SWAT TEAM OF DFG" WOULD SURROUND ME,GUNS DRAWN,AND OFF I'D GO TO THE BIG HOUSE!(MAYBE THAT IS JUST A WISH)BUT SERIOUSLY, I'D GET BUSTED.THEY ACT AS IF THE THOUGHT NEVER CROSSES THEIR MINDS!ANYWAY,PET PEEVE! CAN'T GET STARTED THERE! BYE