PDA

View Full Version : Preserved bait

NVcatfishunter
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Anybody ever use preserved shad or shiner? Im gonna try some out this year and hope it brings in the big cats [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

fishn4me
04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I have caught some bass on the shiners, but no kittys. However I haves used the crawdads with good sucess on those fat cats.

MB_Kevin
04-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I bought some but have never tried it on cats. I think it would work good. Also stink baits can be kept in the tackle box and can work good on cats without stopping by the bait shop.

driftwood
04-24-2006, 08:26 AM
try using chicken liver or beef liver and let it sit out for three or four days then put it some where to dry out till dry Wew! did this by mistake when I left a big chunk of liver on my hook and the next time I went fishing for cats used the stinking bait and caught cats right away.Seems to be better than fresh liver.Better use plastic gloves or you will never get the smell off your hands, or off your dog when they roll in it. dritwood.

timetofish
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
There used to be this old transient who walked the beaches of Clear Lake selling "preserved" chicken parts. He would age the pieces in the sun for several days and then jar them up and sell em'. You knew when someone was using the stuff as soon as the wind kicked up.....or someone hauled in a 15lb cat!! That stuff was like cat candy. I wouldn't mind doing it someday but the wife/neighbors sure would!!!