PDA

View Full Version : would you be willing to teach kids to fish?

agodwin
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I was just trying to see if i could start a group of people that were willing to "advertise" for lack of a better word fishing in every community. This would ensure that fishing would never die out. Kids just need to be exposed early and often. Fishing is a great activity that can keep kids off of drugs, alchohol, and it keeps this marvelous pasttime going. Fewer and fewer people fish my the day. That is because there is a lack of an outreach to kids while they are young. If they are exposed too late, then they have a chance to see what else they can do, then go out and say, "you know, this is boring." That is what my dad says about fishing. He was not exposed as early as I was. He didn't go fishing until he turned twenty. i started fishing at Eagle Lake when I was three. My grandpa was a fishing guide up there, and I just picked it up from him then, and when I was eight, I won the "biggest catch of the year award" with a 6 1/2 pound trout. I was hooked for life, and I started bass fishing last year. I have already beat by biggest trout with a 9.2 lbs bass. My grandpa passed away in 2001, and I thought that if I started a program that he really did, that this could be the ultimate way of thanking him. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this kind of program. It doesn't matter what kind of fish your expertise is, any kind of fishing could be the difference in some kids' lives. Send me messages or just post, it doesn't matter to me, but I think that this is something that could change many things.

Agodwin

agodwin
03-28-2006, 11:00 PM
do you guys have aim?

fishn4me
04-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Who ever answered no should be removed from Sniffer! (JUST KIDDING) if we don't teach kids how to fish then our sport will eventually give way to those stupid video games with a bunch of fat kids! >:(