PDA

View Full Version : where's the cat's

justin_credible
03-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Hello all I'm just joining the message board but I have been reading and checking out the site for some time and finally decided to be a part. Well I was planning on going out for some catfishing . Anybody have any recommendations? I would normally wait untill the end of April but you all know how it is when you have the fever. Let me know of any good spots to try boat or land.

MB_Kevin
03-24-2006, 09:08 PM
welcome to the boards and cool name. ;)This might get moved because there is a catfish board. I like catfishing at lake berryessa. Also lake del valle is great. It all depends on where you live.
Good luck and hope you stick around.
MB

justin_credible
03-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've fished both of those . I've had some luck at berry in the past also I've tried Del Valle I have never caught anything up there someone told me to try the evening time. I've been up there three times and nothing . But thanks I don't mind traveling to do some fishing you know how that is. Well I think I'll try the canals tomorrow and if I don't have any luck I guess I'll be up at Monazuma chasing those diamond backs. Again thanks for the reply . I'll be excited to share what I do . what ever that is.

Diego916
03-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Welcome Justin, the water temps are rising but the flows are really making it tough in the delta. We are almost into the prespawn. In another month the fishing should pick up. I know what you mean, though, about the "fever." Just too much water this year :P

justin_credible
03-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey , I did make it out today. I didn't go after those cats though. I decided to go up to monazuma and chase after those diamond backs. Well the report is as follows. The wind did most of the pole moving. Me and my buddy caught one keeper sturgeon and we had to throw one back because of the new size restrictions. We also caught one keeper striper and two schoolies. I think I'm going to get up early and try that cat thing in the morning I have to get rid of this horrible itch. It's driving me wild I even went and baught 5lbs of clams and four things of liver to make sure I go. I love this site let me know please if there are fish being caught out there. I am cat fish eater the rest is o.k. but I love cats so help keep me posted .

MB_Kevin
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM
wow no fish at del valle. I have never been skunked there. Lake chabot is another story. I would not give up on that lake it has been good to me and panfish popper. We always fish from noon time until closing.