PDA

View Full Version : anyone know spots on the sac river for catfish

camo_greg
03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
i attempted to try at the sac river and didnt even get a nibble. thsi was a few weeks ago.

fishalot
03-13-2006, 02:00 AM
You got to let the flows go down, then get into one of those sloughs off the river and bring all kinds of baits and beer!

timetofish
03-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Like fishalot said you have to wait it out. Give it a while and it'll be hard to keep em off your hook!! We have pretty good luck by the first draw bridge past Disco Bay and up river from Rio Vista.

Git_R_Done
03-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Greg, who care about catfish right now. Lets go trout fishing.

Diego916
03-14-2006, 06:55 PM
With these flows and water temperatures, its tough. Cats don't have to move much to feed because their metabolism slows down and the current carries food right into their holes. Find a bunch holed up and you can catch them. You can also work the shoreline right off the bank, as active cats will be holding up close to shore. My advice is to just wait it out, though. Another month or so and the fishing should really improve.

Mr_Ed
03-14-2006, 07:44 PM
You betcha ! South of I-80...... Go to West Sac. c/o River Walk or the Sac. side at Miller Park. Don't need a big hunk of bait either.....Just get it out in the river. They won't be 20 pounders but there are a lot of "pan size".

Hope this helps Ed

Seceret_hole
03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Also north of I-80 on the sac side there is a huge eddy that boils in front of the overpass pillar-closest to the bank, but lots of big rocks. When the water warms up a little more that spot produces some nice cats up to 8 pounds.

innovate
03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Rocks and/or hard bottom is the ticket to Channels in the Sacramento River.

If you're catching white cats you'll most likely fishing a soft bottom.

later,
Roland