PDA

View Full Version : FISHING REPORT.

tommy_tsunami
02-26-2006, 06:50 AM
JUST LOGGING ON TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY RECENT REPORTS FROM THE SUTTER BYPASS OR THE YOLO BYPASS.. WHERE ARE ALL YOU CAT FISHERMAN AT. WATER IS GOING DOWN AND THE BITE SHOULD BE GOING UP, SO LETS HERE IT FOLKS..

Diego916
02-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey Tommy,

Fished near Sacramento Ave Thursday and later that night near 113. I fished the northern most canal, not the Knight's Landing side. Fishing was horrible on night crawlers and cut mack. It was so bad we moved spots to try and find some. Not one fish and three people fishing for 8 hours! I don't get it :-/

tommy_tsunami
02-27-2006, 04:45 AM
i did a drive by sunday afternoon to see if any one was fishing but it had started raining and there was no one out there that i saw.. however there are some pretty big salmon down at the fish ladder, must have seen 25 or so of them swimming around where the pipe crosses the road..

Diego916
02-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Those must be steelhead. Isn't it way too late for salmon?

tommy_tsunami
03-01-2006, 06:05 PM
no diego those are salmon, they are all about 3 feet long, brite ones to. its the spring run i think.. water is coming way up so they probably will find there way up river..

Diego916
03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, I got skunked again today. Tried the bypass, the feather by Sankey Rd, and then the flooded parking lot at Knight's Landing. Not one bite all day. Saw a good sized fish jump at Knight's. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a striper. Only got a quick look at it. Didn't see anyone else catching fish today. Weather was nice, though, until the wind picked up.

Mad_Russian
03-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey Diego you want to try bypass on Saturday if it's not raining? say, early AM ?

appleinorange
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Fish the drifts in the bypass. The big ones like to lay up under there in the shade.

Diego916
03-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Hey Mad, I would, but I'm already going with my dad out to Amador for some trout Saturday. Check your PMs ;)

Appleinorange, good advice. When the water level drops, the current stabilizes a bit, and there aren't logs everywhere you can't see through the muddy water, I'll be taking the boat out and hitting every snag and drift pile I can get to. I think the bite was just off yesterday. I mean, not even a nibble? ??? :-/

tommy_tsunami
03-03-2006, 06:51 AM
i think the bypass, is flooded again, i see the sac river has been rising alot, so i imagine the bypass has water flowing all accross, the yole has water flo0wing near woodland.. diego how do you launch a boat at the bypass, i have a 14 foot boat, with a 45 horse motor can i launch that in there..

Diego916
03-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Well Tommy, I don't know all the spots but there are lots of places you can put in a boat between Sacramento Ave and 113. There's also another spot near the fish ladder on Sacramento. A few spots look really good, and I see guys out in boats there all the time. I've also heard of guys putting them in farther up north.

tommy_tsunami
03-04-2006, 08:03 AM
hey diego, does the slew on the west side of the bypass knights landing side dump in to the sac river just above the mouth of the feather.. me and mad russian had my boat up that slew once this summer but didnt go all the way up.. do you know about that..

Diego916
03-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Check out this map. It a little confusing as what dumps into where *:-?

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=16&Z=10&X=48&Y=335&W=1