PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe what I saw!

Klamdog
11-27-2005, 03:51 PM
A few nights ago, I was flipping through the channels, and I saw guys catching catfish with their bare hands! :o NOODLING they called it! I'm sure many of you are aware of this, but this was new to me! I couldn't believe it! I was mesmerized, I couldn't turn it off! 20,30,40, even 50# catfish caught with their bare hands! But the most amazing thing, THEY ATE THEM! These fish came out of water that looked like Diarrhea. No kidding! Some of the fish had algae growing on them! We need a noodling board! Just kidding! I can't ever see this again! I can never look at a catfish the same way again!

Know_Excuses
11-27-2005, 04:04 PM
LOL yea that noodling is crazy.I know I wouldnt do it ;D

fishrman4life
11-27-2005, 10:26 PM
yea, i saw that on dirty jobs, hella funny....those guys are hardcore

appleinorange
11-27-2005, 10:43 PM
I have heard stories about guys reaching in a hole to get a catfish and getting their fingers bit off by snapping turtles. Or worse yet come out with a water mocasin on their arm. :o : NOOOOO thanks my momma didnt raise no fool.

MB_Kevin
11-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Me and panfish popper where night fishing with a crappie light in shallow water and seen a huge cat that seemed as big as our boat and it swam all around it. I thought about NOODLING it for a second but then snapped back to reality. :-[

Know_Excuses
11-29-2005, 09:51 AM
LOL I remeber reading that post.It was berryesa right?

MB_Kevin
11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
yea berryessa ;) I went back and got a 10#er but not that big boy. :'(

dandeuce
11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah , great sport for those whose family tree does not have many branches . More than one noodler has been found drowned with a dead catfish still on his arm .

Dirty , nasty looking water does not mean its bad or unhealthy . Sterile , gin clear water won't grow much including fish . Generally murky , algae water means more feed = more fish .

Dan

Trout_Terminator
11-30-2005, 08:29 PM
plus its illegal in California.

Fishkid
12-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I noodled a 1.5 pound catfish at Upper Clementine a few years back after a mountain biking trip, i almost drowned what a fight!!! *

jon_may
12-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Master Baiter the Master Noodler!
i like the sound of that!
sounds like it's time for a career change....

Salmonella
12-07-2005, 05:42 AM
I know of at least one monster cat that still lives in berryessa.
Sawed me off at the bank.
HUGE! :'(

Fat_Freddy
12-07-2005, 08:30 AM
In the early 60's I was stationed at an Air Force base in western Oklahoma. I lived off base and got to know a lot of the local folks. I don't remember fishing for anything but catfish around there and I learned all the local methods such as trot lines, jug lines, and bank hooks.

One guy was going to show me how to noodle, and I was really enthusiastic about trying it as years before I had read an article about catching trout that way called "Tickling." And, as a kid I had caught suckers and sand sharks by hand so I thought noodling would be fun.

But just as I was about to get in, I looked down into the water and there was about a million snakes writhing and twisting in a huge ball.

I think they were breeding, but whatever it was, I immediately lost interest in noodling. As a matter of fact, I never much cared for going down to the river at all after that.