PDA

View Full Version : 8 mile rd 7/23

Finesse
07-23-2005, 06:19 PM
well im planning on heading out around 10pm just thought id share with everyone ;D ill be with a few friends in a grey grand cherokee(hers) and a white cherokee lifted on 33's ;D(mine) if you see me don't be afraid to say hi ;D

Tight Lines!
Sean

fishrman4life
07-23-2005, 08:57 PM
i think u should be afraid....i want that truck... ;D ;D ;D

2QUARTSLOW
07-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Took Mrs 2Quarts out last evening to 8 Mile. * Got out thier right about 8pm. *

Started fishing with redworms around the tules, caught 4 bluegill a little over hand size, and 1 crappie around 10". *The sun started to set started fishing for cat. *I picked a spot that had a few snags between the wife and me lost around 5 set ups in about 4 hours. *Stopped fishing around 1230am. *Landed 2 catfish, 1 around a pound and another about 6". *Only little pecks all bites where on clams. *

Plug-n-jug it was good to meet out thier seems like you had the spot keep on hearing your bell go "dingdingdingding" so It sounded like you \were having pretty good action.

It was a good night not to hot not to cold otherwise nice out. *Reason we left just could not get out of the snags. *I little more recon I will have to do. *But where getting bites consistantly did not have to wait long between bites, even though they were little peck peck. *

2Q

Wolf74
07-24-2005, 01:10 PM
You fish on near that first bridge or the second?

2QUARTSLOW
07-24-2005, 01:24 PM
After second bridge take the immediate right follow the levee and find any place that looks good, thats the best advice I can give.

Good luck and tight lines

2Q

Wolf74
07-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Cool I've been in area before. Except last time I fished there I got skunked and had to deal with some kids shooting guns off in the distance.

Finesse
07-24-2005, 06:07 PM
well, got back at 6am with only two small(1lb) channels and some decent bluegill. around 3:30 i had a nice cat on maybe 10lbs plus, got her in and the hook fell out :-/ think i need to get some sharper hooks.had a guy fishing next to me with some stinkbait and he got 3 nice cats around a pound to 3lbs, all in about an hour then nothing for him the rest of the night. we did get bites all night but no big fish landed :'( thinking about hitting whisky and seeing how the fishing is there soon.and to everyone that fishes out there, please please please slow down ;D its not a race and also please please pick up your trash, i took down some plate numbers of some younger asains(no offence) in some fast and furius cars :P leaving all kinds of trash out there, and speeding off ::) ::)didnt see anyone or talk to anyone off the sniffer, maybe next time ;D

Tight Lines!
Sean

2QUARTSLOW
07-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Plug-n-jug. Remember my tahoe had a hard time starting last night before I left.

Went out tonight to start it, and nada, battery was dead the the cable major corroded. Clean cables still didnt start, tried to jump and wouldnt take a charge.

Im glad it started last night on the levee, but if it didnt I was glad that you were out thier just in case, and finesse I didnt get to see ya out thier but its glad that you were also just incase I needed some assistance.

Even though I didnt need assistance I was glad to know that some sniffers were out in the same area just in case.

Hope to see ya guys out thier sometime

2Q

keviwa
07-25-2005, 11:32 AM
2QL,
It was a pleasure meeting you and the wife. Sorry to hear about your truck. I thought I'd be giving you a ride for sure that night. First time at honcker cut, Only ended up with one channel cat at 2lbs. caught around 3am on clams. Lots of hits, just to slow on the set. Next time I go, I'll start earlier in the day, those stripper were hitting like mad untill the sun went down. Give a buzz when your hitting the American and I'll meet you there.
Hey Finesse, What happened to you? 2QL and I were at the pad like you said. Maybe next time.
Good luck, Plug-n-Jug

Finesse
07-26-2005, 09:07 AM
i drove down but didnt see anyone ???i ended up fishing the point where the island and dock are in the middle. weird if you were fishing the slab then you drove right past me(grey grand cherokee) i was with 2 other friends. if i would have known you were there i would have been down there to say hi ;Dwell im fishing out there again this weekend for the freeport bait store derby ;)hope to see you out there this time ;D what kind of truck/car? that way i can know for sure cause there sure are alot of people out there and i get tired of askin "hey do you post up on the sniffer board?" and i get a reply like " what?" "sniffer board?" " is like a cutting board but for smelling?" ::) ::)

Tight Lines!
Swean

Wolf74
07-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Do you guys got stars on?

2QUARTSLOW
07-26-2005, 11:09 PM
I do. *I have a 2D 4WD pewter colored Tahoe. *Star located on left rear barn door. *If ya see 17' green and white crestliner out thier sometime it also has stars both port and starboard near the rear. *

But lately only going off the bank in that area on 8 mile.

JIM_D.
07-27-2005, 06:29 AM
Where can a guy pick up the stars. I would like to get some for my boat and my truck. JIM D.

Wolf74
07-27-2005, 07:31 PM
www.fishstalker.net

JIM_D.
07-28-2005, 04:30 AM
Thanks Wolf74, ordered my stars. JIM D.

Wolf74
07-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Yea, he's REALLY fast at getting them to you. I was pretty happy with his services.

Wolf74
07-30-2005, 02:29 PM
I fished 8 mile Rd. last night off of the first bridge. The action was pretty good all night, I caught 2 decent sized channels and a bullhead out there. The action was pretty good all night. I missed a couple of hooksets but it was enough action to keep me entertained. Unfortnatly at the end of the night my stringer's ring busted and ended up tossing all my cats back into the water. So I got home empty handed :-/ But overall it was a good night.

JIM_D.
07-31-2005, 08:21 AM
Next time out will be sporting my new stars. thanks again. JIM D.

Wolf74
08-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Anyone been out there lately?

Finesse
08-31-2005, 03:39 PM
wish i could say i have :-/ just got done moving and its been crazy the last month. havent even been able to post :'(and what sucks is my stereo was stolen out of my Jeep Monday night :(...funny thing is it didnt work and i was just waiting for someone to snatch it being i have the doors off and im not realy in the best area :-/ no biggy, guess i was asking for it. anyway back to fishin. im heading out to Clear Lake this Saturday for some cattin then some bassin on sunday. thinkin the delta will be a trip soon.

Tight lines!
Sean

Wolf74
10-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Anyone been out there lately? I was thinking about going out there Friday night.

deltalover
10-24-2005, 10:57 AM
I was in that area saturday, caught perch all day and when the sun went down, caught several nice cats! I am going back soon!

Wolf74
10-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Cool, perch huh. Decent eating size? Catfish bite on?

deltalover
10-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Caught as many pan size perch as I wanted. I kept 4 for eating and several smaller ones for striper bait. I probably released 10 nice sized ones. The catfish bite started soon as the sun started going down. I wish I could have stayed later! Next time I will do an over nighter. I heard reports of cats in 10 pound range and stripers over 20. I would say 8 mile road area is the hot spot for now!

Wolf74
10-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Sounds pretty good to me. I'm going to have to hit it up this weekend.

Finesse
10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
can't believe this thread is still alive,lol :o

Wolf74
10-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Just like a catfish, it will not die!

fishinduo
10-26-2005, 04:12 PM
806 "Views" and still breathing! Shows how much interest there is in catfishing even in the "off" season, wouldn't you say? ;)

Rich

deltalover
10-26-2005, 05:14 PM
My biggest cats have always come in the "off season" and close to the bank too! 8)

fishinduo
10-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Daytime or night?
Say, we were supposed to go fishing together sometime....
;D
Might be up to it now that I am feeling better....

Rich

JIM_D.
10-27-2005, 09:32 AM
When is off season? I fish for them year round when I feel like it. JIM D.

Wolf74
10-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Well the offseason is suppost to be during the colder winter months. So its starting to get to the off season

araiderfreak
10-29-2005, 10:37 PM
I agree with Deltalover I've had my best Catfishing trips in the dead of Winter, or the so called off-season. They don't go anywhere so their just waiting to be caught. Most of my Catfish Buddies fish for them year round too. I've noticed in the past That most Winter cats seam to be of good size.

Happy Fishin,

Ken, aka, araiderfreak

JIM_D.
10-30-2005, 05:46 AM
There is less food to be had in the winter so seems to me they would bite better then. The bigger ones need more so they are more aggressive then. JIM D.

deltalover
10-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Good artical about winter channel cats! http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine/articles/if0510_Cats/

fishinduo
10-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Interesting article. Thanks for posting the link.

Rich

Finesse
11-02-2005, 09:12 AM
so who wants to plan a winter catfishin trip? im down, lets get one soon i hope ;D

deltalover
11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I am fishing every weekend and a few days during the week. I am down for it anytime! I think the 8 mile road area will produce at night right now! Plus there are big stripers to be had! ;)