PDA

View Full Version : DWC 9/12

eatonroadkil
09-13-2005, 04:43 AM
Fished the DWC 9/12 1 hour before high tide to 2 hours on outgoing.The bait store I normally go to was closed so I got some frozen clams from a gas station.I had to put the clams on the top of my lantern to make them usable.Ended up alright though,the lantern actually sort of cooked the clams and made them thick and rubbery.They stayed on the hook much better,didn't even use thread as I usually do.Anyway the fish seemed to like them as well.Had solid hits all night,but I was too busy cooking clams I guess.I missed fish after fish.I hooked 2 but one got off,and then a nice one(felt like it anyway)took me into a snag and I broke my line off.After a couple of frustrating hours I finally hooked and landed a nice 2 pounder.Soon after landed another nice one,about 3 pounds.The cooler weather didn't seem to slow the bite,but it sure slowed me on setting the hook.I definitely have to try the open bail method next time.I might hook a few more.

JIM_D.
09-15-2005, 02:58 AM
In calm water I always use sliding sinker, balanced pole and open bail when catfishing. JIM D.

fishn4me
09-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Went to the port today taking my friends 16 year-old kid. He has been fishing before but has never caught a fish. I knew that with a full moon catching something during the day was going to be a major chance. Fished infront of berth 2 with no hits using hotdogs, worms, store bought bait, and liver. We then moved down to then very end of the levee and he caught a small cat pushing a pound if it was lucky using worms. We started fishing about noon and didn't catch anything until about 4pm. Nice weather, but man the trash out there is starting to get really bad and its not just from people dumping trash but also from fisherman. The Anchovie bags and worm trays are everywhere you look. How sad :'(

JIM_D.
09-18-2005, 06:21 AM
That is why most of the DWC is being closed off to people, they are doing the same thing everywhere. That's why I got a boat, don't have to put up with the trash. JIM D.

eatonroadkil
09-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Fished DWC Friday early Sat, midnight till 4am.Caught 7 small catfish on clams.My partner had a few good strikes on nightcrawlers.I have a nice spot that not too many people go to,and I keep it clean,but the trash out there is beyond disgusting.