PDA

View Full Version : got away the 1st time, not the 2nd

fenton_chris
09-04-2005, 09:50 PM
got my biggest cat today at CFW. at 10am. i was bass fishing at and near the dam with a spoon got a few hits and 2 lil large mouths on the point to the right of the dam. then i moved to the dam. i decided to cast and let the spoon sink to the bottom and reel it up. *and just a few ft in front of me i see this huge fish cm from my spoon and it almost jumped out of the water 4 it! *8) big cat! i was so upset. "if i just reeled slower" :-[ i thought to myself. i was thinking it was a fluke for a cat to be chasing a spoon like that. then 2 casts later bam! 21in kittie! it must of really wanted to taste that spoon! 8) tied it up thinking about taking it home to show everyone, 4got the camera :(. but i let it go. thinking about going back to the cove between the dam and point to try 4 more cats.

wading2fish
09-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I caught a nic cat at San Pablo casting a Panther Martin trying to catch trout, it's not that rare for a cat to chase a lure, but it is kinda surprising. Good job. ;)

w2f

Finesse
09-05-2005, 04:45 PM
very cool, glad to see you caught something. Camp Far West is my stomping grounds, if you have any questions on where to fish and get some decent fish pm me ill be more then hapy to help.

Tight Lines!
Sean

fenton_chris
09-05-2005, 08:52 PM
i will

Lumpy
09-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Years ago I nailed a 10lb. channel cat out of Folsom while bass fishing using a plastic worm.
I have been with one of my buddies that nailed a 8lb-9lb. cat on a crank bait.
God Bless