PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mendocino catfish

Flipper266
08-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have any current reports from here? Are they still catching them in the channell?
Thanks in advance.

LingSlayer
08-10-2005, 12:31 PM
I was there the past 2 weekends. Stayed up until 2AM and all I caught was a buzz ;)

Good luck.

AllFishNoWork
08-11-2005, 08:19 AM
I had read the DFG put in structure in that lake for cats, kinda like catfish condos.

Flipper266
08-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info. Gonna try for them anyways. Ill let you know.

LingSlayer
08-14-2005, 03:12 PM
So, did you catch anything Matt?

I tried again last night. Went to the channel, used fresh chicken liver about 2 feet off the bottom. No bites, nothing.

The biggest thrill was when a bat bumped my line and made the bell ring ;D

Do any of you catfishin' pro's have any advice on the how to get cats at Mendocino lake?

Fish on!!
LS

JIM_D.
08-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Try different baits, sardines, nightcrawlers, clams and fish the bottom. JIM D.

Mad_Russian
08-14-2005, 09:12 PM
when i lived in Ukiah i used to fish Mendocino....park outside the gate( hatchery side of the lake) and walk all the way down the levee, there's big drop-off, and used anchovies, always had good luck

Flipper266
08-15-2005, 08:49 AM
I never made it. Was sick all weekend. :P

Plan on going next weekend. Ill post results..

LingSlayer
08-15-2005, 09:12 AM
You know, I have heard some good things about the end of the dam. I think I am going to abandon the channel and start drying off the far side of the dam. I will miss the channel though.... I love those fire pits and being able to park right next to the fishin' hole. Really the channel is only missing one thing.... FISH!

I imagine one big cat and I will forget all about the comforts of the channel ::)

Hey Jim D, When you say fish 'on the bottom', do you mean park the bait literally sitting on the bottom? I always thought keeping it up out of the muck about a foot or 2 was the way to go. Hmmm......

Tight lines,
LS

LingSlayer
08-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Matt,

People are dropping like flies around here! Four of my budies stayed home sick all weekend. One even went to the ER (what a sissy lol).

Anyhow good luck this weekend. I might go to. If you see me fishing next to my bright red Honda trail bike stop by and say hi :)

Good luck,
LS

Flipper266
08-22-2005, 03:02 PM
CAN YOU SAY SKUNKED!!!!

I did have some panfish playing with the worms I had out there...I don't know if Lake Mendocino has anymore cats..