PDA

View Full Version : Too Funny

raycid
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi

There is a dink tiny man made pond near Power Inn and Folsom Blvd, i mean it would take you not even 5 mins to walk all the way around it. So anyways I was just dicking around with a roostertail not really planning on catchting anything but dink Bluegills for fun. About 10 mins after arriving my line gets knotted up near the reel after a long cast, so I start letting out line walking backwards to get the knot out and straighten the line. Finally get it out and start reeling the line in, seemed like at first I was snagged on some Ivy. Kept yanking but it wouldn't budge, thought this must be some strong Ivy? All of a sudden, zzz zzz to large yanks on my pole, ****ing caught a beautiful 6lbs catfish.

I couldn't believe it!
Whats the odds on that?

Tm_Customs
07-22-2005, 07:45 PM
What are the odds you got a pic?

fishrman4life
07-23-2005, 12:19 AM
there is a property pond near elder creek and watt ave...wonder whats in it

mike22ca
07-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi

There is a dink tiny man made pond near Power Inn and Folsom Blvd, i mean it would take you not even 5 mins to walk all the way around it. *So anyways I was just dicking around with a roostertail not really planning on catchting anything but dink Bluegills for fun. *About 10 mins after arriving my line gets knotted up near the reel after a long cast, so I start letting out line walking backwards to get the knot out and straighten the line. *Finally get it out and start reeling the line in, seemed like at first I was snagged on some Ivy. *Kept yanking but it wouldn't budge, thought this must be some strong Ivy? *All of a sudden, zzz zzz to large yanks on my pole, ****ing caught a beautiful 6lbs catfish. *

I couldn't believe it!
Whats the odds on that?

Someone's posted on here about that pond and said cats were in it. I tried looking it up on sattelite map but couldnt see it. Isnt it right behind the Carol Miller Justice Center? Unfortunatly I'm real familiar with that place lol.

Diego916
07-23-2005, 11:58 AM
I remember that, Mike. I looked for it too and it must be newer than the recent sat photos.

alfredo
07-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Is this the one? Looks like it's directly behind the buildings. Hope my link works.

Power Inn Pond (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=fair+oaks,+ca&ll=38.543668,-121.406382&spn=0.003994,0.007308&t=k&hl=en)

fishrman4life
07-23-2005, 08:56 PM
thats all well and good....are u allowed to fish it???

Wolf74
07-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Seems like the secrets out hehe.

raycid
08-17-2005, 01:33 PM
dangs its been a month since i posted that, actually since i've posted anything on here :o

Uh yeah thats the pond right there in the picture.

That catfish was REALLY healthy looking sucker too, I mean it looked like a picture perfect catfish, no scars skin very smooth nice long whiskers fully intact.

Must be becasue that pond is like a oversized aquarium.

wading2fish
08-17-2005, 05:03 PM
What are the odds you got a pic?

w2f