PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Cats

Wolf74
07-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Anyone hit the cats at Pardee lately? My pops caught a couple last week on corn. He was fishing for carp, and ended up with a huge carp and a couple of cats. Now with the heat picking up as it has, I think they're probibly pretty active out there. So, any reports??

gotbowz
07-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey Wolf,

Here's a snipit from the Pardee homepage...

"Some very nice cats to nine pounds caught this week in the coves (east side) right outside the Narrows. Chicken livers or anchovies are preferred. Patience, 85 SPF sunscreen, an open bail and a large net are all you needů"

I haven't been out there for cats this year yet but I hope to have the opportunity soon. Responsibility can be an SOB!!! :-/

If you head out, be sure to leave a report!

-Chief

Wolf74
07-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Well we went fishing at Pardee yesterday. Caught about three pretty small channels and a nice sized on in the morning. We were actualy fishing for carp but the catfish ended up coming up and taking the corn too. We ended up catching 4 cats in total two 15lbs carp and a trout. Overall it was a pretty good day of fishing. Pulling those carp out was quite a task. I walked around for a while talking to the fisherman around there and it seems like the trout fishing has really slowed down. From the shore that is. Here's a link to some pics. http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/wolf74/fishing/index.album?i=3
The pics are the ones of the carp etc. The trout were a diffrent trip.