PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Report

BassFooler
07-18-2005, 10:11 AM
By nephew and I put in at Hogback on Saturday morning about about 530- after about 2 hours we still had nothin-
by 9a we had landed 1 schoolie and a single lb cat-
by 945, my nephew kept a 1.5 lb cat (he's a little trigger happy when it comes to setting the hook) and I had landed and kept 2 2lb'rs, a 4 and a 5 lb'r. All in all, it was a good trip for the maiden voyage in my new fishin rig.
1/2 oz egg sinkers and nightcrawlers about 5 feet from shore- tide was coming in when the bite turned on and was at about 4-6 ft of water where the bait was at.
tight lines!

fishinduo
07-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Sounds likes a good trip :D

Thanks for the report.
I've been meaning to try that area for some time...

Rich

BassFooler
07-19-2005, 07:28 AM
Hey Rich-
The 5 that we DID keep all came out of the same hole, so they are definitely out there!!!

;DMatt

JIM_D.
07-19-2005, 12:34 PM
I have heard that a lot of trucks get broken in to at hogback, Every time I have been there there is glass all over the parking area. Sounds like a great trip though. JIM D.

innovate
07-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I'll second about the trucks getting broken into. I was there last Sunday and there was lots of glass in the parking lot. It's just too remote of a location so any vehicles parked there overnight become pray to the the wrong people. :-/

BassFooler
07-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah- the risk is definitely real when you park there overnight. There really arent too many public spots that I trust to park my rig overnight. I try to make sure that I am at hogback only during the daylight hours.

Matt